Verizon has worst customer service. Worse than Tmobile AT&T and all other networks combined
frustatedcustomer

Verizon has the worst customer service of almost all my experiences. This is a big, coming from an Indian, because I have seen bad customer service (and believe me, Verizon is competing for the top spot in the worst customer service department). I made the mistake of signing up for a new verizon service one fine day (for $90 a month). I was swayed by the promise of a new free phone. However, the same day, I called in to cancel the service. This is when my troubles began. No one could help me, and would just redirect me over to another department. I was transferred over to 5 or 6 different departments over the course of next 2 hours on the phone. Finally, after venting my frustration, some one told me that my order was cancelled and my number would remain as is.
Oh my naivety to believe that my troubles with Verizon were over. That was just the beginning. Apparently, they had not cancelled the order after 2 hours on the phone. My number was ported over to Verizon, even though my old line (with Tmobile) was active, and I had never plugged in the Verizon sim. The customer representative had specifically told me to discard the sim they had sent me over. Meanwhile, my line with Tmobile was active, but I was being billed by Verizon for services I had specifically cancelled, and had never used (not even plugged in the sim). Plus there was no new phones involved in this entire transaction. Now I receive a notification that a bill is due, and I am forced to call Verizon customer service again. I call in verizon customer service, and as usual they cannot help me. The guy transfers me over to another department. That department cannot help me and I have been on call for more than 45 minutes now. Therefore I think its best to have a written dialogue with a chat representative. After 30 mins of painfully slow back and forth (obviously the representative was handling multiple customers) they representative tells me that she cannot help me and I need to call in to another department (number porting department). I call in the number porting department and she tells me that she cannot do anything and I need to call in the financial services department. I call in the financial services department, and they say that they cannot help me, and tell me to call customer care department. What..... wasn't it all customer care???? Currently on call with the customer care department for the last 40 mins. I have spent more than 4 hours trying to resolve the issue today. I now feel that Tmobile does not have good service, but it has really good customer care. How can this company still function like this. Its not an isolated incident, the exact same thing happened while cancellation.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has worst customer service. Worse than Tmobile AT&T and all other networks combined
frustatedcustomer

Update: Now they are asking me to pay them $130 to cancel this service (which I had cancelled before they shipped the sim cards, and which I never used). Wow Verizon, it seems that we might see each other in small claims court.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has worst customer service. Worse than Tmobile AT&T and all other networks combined
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're having troubles with cancelling your service. You mentioned you originally signed up for a promotion to receive a free phone. Was that device shipped to you? How was it returned?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
frustatedcustomer

I did not receive any phones, and nor was that part of the order. The order number is 30516694350.
Please check your service records, and you will find that I had spent 3 hours trying to cancel the same, and in the end was informed that the order had been cancelled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know. We'll need the location code and order number to locate the order. Please send us a Private Message, so we may discuss the order in detail.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
frustatedcustomer

Order placed:

Order number: 
Location code: 

Store order number:

Edited for Privacy

0 Likes