Verizon customer service and new direction company has taken...?
dwhi151

November 15, 2013

To whom it may concern:

I will make this letter brief, knowing I will not get a response because of the lack of Values Verizon holds!

Most recently, your company has deliberately failed to honor previously made guarantees with their unlimited plan.  I have fought this issue for about a year but I have recently accepted this and attempted to give Verizon another opportunity to show they value their loyal customers. 

I had set up a third line two years ago for my paraplegic brother, whom I care for.  Due to unexpected circumstances, the line has not been used.  I attempted to restructure my contract ONE-month early without a greedy penalty from Verizon.  Again, I was disappointed with a total disregard to customer care.  Verizon representatives were not willing to waive a ONE-month early cancellation fee for an unused third line, even when I was going to upgrade my phone and give-in to Verizon's greed with the restructure of my unlimited plan.

I understand that my contract is just a "Speck of Dust in a Vast Desert", but I thought that just maybe, Verizon still valued their loyal customers to eat a greedy fee in that same vast desert.  I was wrong, again... 

You will lose a loyal customer on 12/19/2013, when I will only have to pay for one cancellation fee.  Thank you Verizon for your new direction with no values or customer care!  Better yet, especially with your company's treatment of a loyal VETERAN customer!

Respectfully,

Dan

>Personal info removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon customer service and new direction company has taken...?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

1. It doesnt matter if the line is unused or not, a contract is what it is, and canceling before the term will generate non credited etf.

2. There was no "agreement" on unlimited data. That was a feature, not part of the contract.

3. With talk of leaving, any reference to "loyalty" goes out the window.

4. >Comment deleted<

And finally, this is a peer to peer customer forum not a link to verizon corporate.

Best wishes

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Briyun
Contributor - Level 1

I have a lots of respect to all veterans and  all the branches of the millitary, my hats off to you and a hug, I lost my closest best friend from post dramatic stress after 3 trips in Afghanistan 3 years ago....he would usually call me everytime he was stressed out, or what was bothering him on his mind, the day he didnt i got a call the following morning with the bad news... : ( i can relate to how verizons tos/contract is...

0 Likes
mat1258
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dan I know what you are going through with this company. Their customer service is a freaking joke anymore, all they do is LIE to you and try every way they can to take away your unlimited data plan that all their old customers have!! I have been trying for a year to talk to someone in corporate customer service, because the customer service people you get when you call can't do a damn thing for you except give you excuses and promise a call from their supervisor which never comes!!! I was promised for the umpteenth time a call back from the person I talked to 2 weeks ago and a call from her supervisor which of course has never happened. What a surprise another LIE!!!! There service has gone straight to HELL lately with rude people and Liars!!!  I think Metro PCS couldn't be any worse!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for being a loyal customers and for your services to our country dwhi151. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with customer service but know that we care about you and your account and don't want to lose you. We always look at every situation differently and always have options for resolving your concerns. We can take a look at the account for you and provide you with all some resolution. Please send a private message with your name and mobile number. Let's get this resolve with a mutual compromise so you can keep your lines open and upgrade your device. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Lulubholden
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is sad when greed is the leader in corporate operations.  That we pay all the fees incurred by the companies operating cost and taxes and upper management bonuses and profits with nothing passed down to us who supply the reason they exist. All companies have went this route and continue the cut the hands that feed them. Customers do have a voice..... Your money.  Take it elsewhere when you are not satisfied with service. Any company whom isn't providing adequate service should feel that pinch. But we see large entities conspiring together to lock in high cost by raising it across the board. It's basically picking which pineapple you prefer to crammed in our backside.  Given less products and service for higher rates has been the trend since 2008 and looks to continue until there is nothing left to take from the consumer.

0 Likes