Verizon coverage is getting worse!
BC1130
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon coverage is getting increasingly worse not better! I live in a rural area but the Verizon tower is only about 2 1/2 miles away ATCF. We used to have pretty good coverage of at least 3 bars consistently. Now we go from 3 bars to 2 bars to 1 bar to 3g to !x to nothing!  We are paying out the (removed) for coverage and we aren't getting it! Does Verizon have any plans to actually IMPROVE the coverage of their towers?

Message edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon coverage is getting worse!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to see the value in the service you're paying for BC1130! I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. What is your zip code? What make and model devices? Is this mainly occurring inside and around your home?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

BC1130
Enthusiast - Level 1

My zip code is 72167. My husband has an Apple iphone 4s and I have a Samsung Galaxy s3. Our son has a Galaxy s4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks BC1130! How far from home do you have to go for service to improve? The zip code does show areas of Extended Coverage, which may cause some of the signal issues you're reporting.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BC1130
Enthusiast - Level 1

Depending upon the direction, 100 ft one way toward the tower gets 1-2 bars 4g, a few hundred feet in the opposite direction, the signal drops to 3g and a quarter mile past that it is 1x to nothing.

0 Likes
Lucyfur

I'm having problems with my Verizon coverage.  It was fine until I bought a new iPhone SE and then it was all of a sudden not picking up calls, dropping calls, not allowing messages to go through.  Having similar problems with my Verizon internet.  I ended up buying a cell phone extender from Verizon (because the one I purchased from Amazon would not let me connect at all!) and still have problems.  Had to add a WiFi extender to the television just to be able to watch Television!  What happened?  

My son lives next door and he's having more problems than I am.  There had been a cell tower closer to us but for whatever reason, it was taken down.  When I call him now, he keeps dropping in and out.  He finally went with a dish internet service because Verizon was so bad and the kids had to have the internet to do their school work.

I've had Verizon ever since the C&P Telephone Company sold out.  It's never been this bad and continues to get worse.  It's really frustrating and I'm really disappointed in a company I used to brag about because I always had service.

What's going on?  And, will it get better?

Zip code: 24095

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We haven't had reports of issues in your area. Does this only happen while you're home? Is this only affecting your calls? 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes