Verizon charged me $870, and Won't tell me why...
itechpod

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  Any feedback is appreciated.  Here we go:

The small company I work for has a Verizon plan that is connected with a few of our employees.  About 2 months ago we received a charge for $870 dollars that we believe was linked to a employee. (He believes it is possible that this may have come through one of his kids, but he is not sure.)  Anyway, the employee agreed to pay if he could receive an answer as to what the charge was for so he could figure out which of kids caused the incident.  The owner of the company agreed, only seeming fair to have an explanation from Verizon.  A month and a half later we have still not been given an answer.  Christmas is coming up and our employee is still confused to if or not he can keep his money.  It is hard to keep composure as nobody will offer an explanation as to why we are charged and for what reason.

We have contacted our local Verizon store as well as sent a letter to corporate.  They basically responded "Fuck You"/No answer from corporate. 

Any help would be appreciated.

-Maxwell

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon charged me $870, and Won't tell me why...
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would think that the charge could be identified by looking at the detailed billing; maybe overages or a new device?

0 Likes
itechpod

Honestly first, thank you for a response!  However the bill has $870 something under data ( I just learned).  I am the assistant at the bushiness and at the moment they are looking for the receipt.  But $800 for data overage just doesn't seem right.  Any other ideas?  The employee is willing to pay but just wants to know what it was so he can make the kid pay him.  Is there a way to tell what the data was from?  $800 is like 80 GB!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're right, $870 for data would be some heck of an overage charge!  You could check the data logs in your on-line MyVerizon account.

0 Likes
linjon

Very strange. I have had a 4g via lg lte usb modem since it came out.

My charge is $50 for 5 gigs, and $10 for each additional. Some months ill use 10 gigs, and it 100$.

So 800 is 80 gigs usage ( at least for my plan). Maybe business plan is different?

Who has been calling customer service, the person suspected of using the data?

I have called (att before), and they were able to tell when I was connecting and to what cell tower, So someone can look at usage and tell you, when data was downloaded. So I would thank verizon phone support would be able to tell you the info.

I don't know if a verizon store can has the ability to give you the usage data.

Oh, and my kid can blow through 80 gigs in a weekend, I'm sure of that.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Pull the detailed invoice from the online account. The detailed bill will show every charge by line item.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to leave you with unanswered questions, itechpod! Especially with charges are high at $870! Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for further assistance.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes