Verizon broadband hotspot unlimited usage grandfathered in
TNTRLTRSH

Hi, I have been a customer with Verizon for 20+ years and have had the broadband hotspot with unlimited usage for about 14 years. This had been grandfathered in since Verizon ceased offering this option. I have remained at the 3G level to keep this option and the monthly cost was $59.00. Now without any prior notice they have increased this cost by $20 per month for a total of $79. My usage is really low so that isn't the issue. My problem is how can they increase the price without notice? Since I don't travel like I used to and don't need the hotspot like before I believe  Verizon will get their wish and I will be leaving them at the end of this billing cycle. They are losing a very loyal customer for both the hotspot and the phone. Oh and they won't honor their military discount because the plans I'm on don't qualify! Go figure.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon broadband hotspot unlimited usage grandfathered in
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless has been increasing the price of the unlimited data plans since November 2015 for those customers who still have these plans. They have the right to do so since you are out of contract. Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Can Verizon Wireless change this Agreement or my Service?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time, but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it. Notwithstanding this provision, if we make any changes to the dispute resolution provision of this Agreement, such changes will not affect the resolution of any disputes that arose before such change.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh, and the notice was in the bill prior to the increase taking affect.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TNTRLTRSH

I would like a Verizon representive answer why and how they can just increase the cost with notice.

0 Likes
TNTRLTRSH

I have looked at my bills prior to the increase and there is NO notice of the increase. The only thing it says is "I made a change to my plan", which I did I not!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you looking at the paper or pdf copy of the bill?

0 Likes
TNTRLTRSH

Online copy, I don't get a paper copy.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The PDF is an exact copy of a paper bill.  You can also call Verizon *611 from your mobile. 

customer agreement.  Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Before you get in a huff, you might want to consider if another carrier can provide service and how much a different plan or carrier will cost you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TNTRLTRSH, this 20 yea relationship is important to us and hope that you allow us to continnue as your wireless provider. As a reflection of our commitment to you, you still have the Unlimited data allowance. However, the monthly access fee for your plan has been increased. A notice was sent to you with your billing statement approximately 2 months before the increase was applied to your bill. Have you considered moving to one of our new Verizon Plans? http://vz.to/1R1Jloj

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes