Verizon associates providing false information about monthly charges on a phone upgrade
roby6297

Over the past week, I have talked to four different sales associates through chat and on the phone.  Each one of them has given me conflicting information and the last two were not hiding the fact that they would rather be doing anything else besides talking to me on the phone with their attitude.  I have two phones on my account, my wife upgraded to the iPhone 6 in March 2015, and my iPhone 5S became eligible for an upgrade in October 2015.  We share 6GB on the Large plan and we both have insurance on our phones and my wife makes the monthly payments for her phone.  I am interested in upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

The first associate I talked to was through chat and they told me I could upgrade and my bill would cut down to $133/month for everything.  I was thrilled, until I realized the $133 didn't include my wife's $31 monthly payments and $11 insurance, as well as taxes.

The second associate I talked to told me that I could receive a $25 credit towards the monthly cost of my phone, but when I went to the end of the check-out process there was no $25 credit.

The third associate I talked to on the phone told me that my line access would drop down if I upgraded and it would be $20 for both phones together, bringing my bill up only $13 a month to $164.

The last associate I talked to on chat regurgitated everything the last one told me until he said "instead of paying $40 for your line, when you upgrade it will drop down to $20 a month", so I told him I already pay $20 for the line fee on both phones.  So he said. "Ok, your bill will go up to $190/month if you upgrade".

What the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , Verizon?  I've been a loyal customer since 2005 and you don't even have the decency to properly inform your customers.  This irritates me to no end because obviously you don't care about people, we are all just a bunch of dollar signs and you will do anything to add more cash to your already greedy pockets.  Get your facts straight!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon associates providing false information about monthly charges on a phone upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes it is better to do the research yourself on your own time so that when you walk into the store or purchase online you already know what your numbers will be and you only have to verify they match.

That said, what is your plan, contract status dates, phone payment, and insurance amounts? Then the community members can help you layout out the numbers in black and white.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Verizon associates providing false information about monthly charges on a phone upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

roby6297 I apologize if you received conflicting information. As a loyal customer of VZWI'm sure you know this is not normal. We can work together and figure out exactly what your new plan would be. I have sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BAREROSE

You are not the only one in a pickle with VW. I upgraded my phone the first of August. It was supposed to be on a payment plan. Well of course billing for that does not show immediately so you do not see those charges until it comes due. I look at my bill when it came available wow 827.00 cell bill I was outraged I called Verizon and told them that this was charged incorrectly. Well now of course my 15 day return policy is way gone and they are telling me they can not fix it but they are the ones who made the mistake. I have to either make payment arrangements to pay for this phone. I am a senior living on a fixed income been with VW over 11 years it seems to me when they do not give you the correct information they should take some responsibility for their actions and fix when one of their reps does not provide the correct information. VW needs to make good to valuable customers.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The receipt you got when purchasing the phone would have indicated how it was purchased. Did you look at the receipt?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes