Verizon Wireless -- Customer Privacy in Serious Jeopardy
deepaknet
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was using the phone number (removed mobile # on this post to comply with VZW Community ToS) when I started employment with (removed employer name on this post has been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS) on 1st March 2010. My employment contract with (removed employer name on this post has been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS) ended on 23rd September 2011.

Subsequently the phone was surrendered back to the employer and (removed employer name on this post has been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS) had removed my name from the list of users in Verizon Catalog. However, I have the following problems yet to be solved at verizon end.

1) The Account User registration which I did using my email address (removed emailed address on this post has been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS) is still not able to be closed. The customer service is not responding properly.

2) It looks like the company has changed the phone number to (removed mobile # on this post to comply with VZW Community ToS) and issued the phone to another employer. This is of no interest to me. But the above account with my email address is showing up these details thus unnecessarily breaching the privacy of the account holders.

3) (removed employer name on this post has been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS) usage is clearly shown in my account to me and also despite unsubscribing from all alerts, I still get the weekly alerts on the account.

4) The 'vtext' alert which I set (removed emailed address on this post has been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS) is not yet deleted and the name not released out even when the phone number says 'This phone number is changed, disconnected or no longer in service'.

Can you please help out solving the above issues?

Resolution Sought:

1) Please delete my account registration account with email address (removed emailed address on this post has been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS)

2) I am not any way related to (removed employer name on this post has been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS) after September 23 2011. Hence do not send me any alerts or communication w.r.t. the said defunct organization.

3) Stop divulging my info to the defunct employer and vice-versa.

4) Delete the vtext alias (removed emailed address on this post has been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS) and release it for newer registrations forthwith.

(files attached on this post with customer account information have been removed to comply with VZW Community ToS)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless -- Customer Privacy in Serious Jeopardy
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And you just exposed even more of your privacy by posting your personal information on this public forum!!!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

Ann154,

During the past 3 weeks I replaced the phone two times in the VZW store. All my contacts were on the phones that I was returning.

When I asked VZW store employee to remove all info from the phone, he said that they would do this at the end of the day for all returned phones (???)

Should they do this when the customer is in the store? How do I know if it was done?

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello deepaknet,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I want you to know that I am dedicated to get this issue resolved for you! In order for me to do so, I would need some information from you. If you could be so kind as to send me a direct message with your full name, mobile number, e-mail address, and a brief summary of the issue that would be much appreciated. Also, if you can include the mobile number that you had and the current number if you are able to provide it. I sent a request to follow you and it is pending your approval. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

edis54
Contributor - Level 2

What is the VZW Policy for the removal of personal information from the returned device?

On Aug 13, 2012 I wrote:

During the past 3 weeks I replaced the phone two times in the VZW store. All my contacts were on the phones that I was returning.

When I asked VZW store employee to remove all info from the phone, he said that they would do this at the end of the day for all returned phones (???)

Should they do this when the customer is in the store? How do I know if it was done?

0 Likes