Re: Verizon Trade In Program a scam? IT IS SURELY FOR ME!
CABBAC123
Enthusiast - Level 2

We signed up for four new phones and four new lines on December 6, 2019. We did this in person in a store. As part of the sign-up, we wanted to trade in four phones for credit. One iPhone 5 and one iPhone 6 ($300 each) and two iPhone 8s ($400 each). The trade-in process was done through the store, and I received a box and pre-paid label to send the phones in. I believe the box and label came in the mail. I mailed all four phones back on December 12th. I have photos of the tracking and of the phones in the box (perfect shape) and we also had to pay off the phones via Sprint first, which we did.

On February 8, 2020 I chatted with an agent to check on the status of our trade-in credit (should have been $1400) and was told "Upon checking here I was able to confirm that the package was already delivered on 12/18/2019" and that "I have already file a promo escalation for your lines! I know that this will take another time, One thing for sure is within 1-2 billing cycle you will be able to get the credits."

I have a copy of this transcript as well as the reference number if needed. I called back a month or two later and talked to someone on the phone and they said more or less the same thing, that our credit was coming and just to be patient and they'd escalate things for us.

It's now August and we still haven't received our $1400. So yesterday I chatted with someone on the verizon help chat (and today too) who said to look for a submission number. We have one submission number that came via email after we had sent in the phones and when looking up the trade-in status of that phone it says that they received the wrong phone (wanted an 8 and we sent a 6) and they gave us a total of $18.

So, we sent in 4 phones in perfectly great working order, were told we would receive $1400 (over and over again and just to be patient) and so far, we have (in theory) only received $18. And honestly we haven't even received the $18 as far as I can tell. Would love some help please.

CABBAC123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Continued from above....

It was a Black Friday deal, the same or very similar to this one...

https://www.verizon.com/reusable-content/offers/hol1035-get-400-Mastercard-Verizon-Unlimited.html

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that detailed information.  We always want you receiving the correct promotions/deals.  Let’s check on everything together.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
LBX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don’t believe you.  
Words are very cheap and apparently not worth anything at Verizon.  
It’s all show and deceive.  

cajunjulie
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is a scam big time! They want to offer my $37 for a perfectly good 6s, but if something happens to it even though I pay $45 for God knows how many months for protection services - they want me to pay $149 for a used 6s that almost ALWAYS has other issues.

I'm taking my service to Xfinity. Gotta tell you it won't let me download my photos, contacts or anything on the verizon cloud. That is a scam as well. Never back up to the Vcloud.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would not want you to feel as though the Trade In program is a scam. The market Value is priced based on resale value. As the device is quite dated, we would be unable to give a value near the price we sale it at. Though, we are always upfront with our pricing and valuations. If there is any information we can provide you on a trade in before you submit such, we are here for you. We would not want you to have to settle for lesser service for anything such as this. Please inform us if we can assist you in any other way today. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LBX, this is never how we want you to feel, and would like to do everything we can to back up our words with a resolution. We have sent you a Private Note, so please respond at your earliest convenience, so that we can help turn this around.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
Angrycustomer101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the exact same experience.  Gave me credit for 2 phones at the agreed trade in value, but they won't give me credit for the other 2 which are the exact same phone.  Been talking to them for 3 months!  Not sure I can offer any help, but I'm not letting the trade in department off the hook.  I get a different story every time I call.  First it was that I gave them the wrong id online, then it was the phone was not working properly, now I finally have someone in charge, and neither of those is true.  Everything was as I said, and they're "trying to get it approved".  Spent 3 hours on the phone last week, and 2 today.  

skitown
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem! After I could not check out to purchase a new phone at the stated price on the Verizon website, I spent hours on hold before someone finally helped me. She said that while the deal wasn't available (no explanation as to why it was on the website or wasn't a real offer), she said that instead, to make the cost of the new phone equal the price of the online "deal," she could offer me $150 for my IPhone 6 provided it was in good shape, which it was. No cracks or scratches on the screen or body. Today I got the word: $56. Not $9 like you got, but still not at all what I was told I would receive. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want all of our valuable customers to get any credits they should be getting from us when trading in phones, Angrycustomer101. We have sent you a Private Message, please only respond to that going forward.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes