Re: Verizon Switch promotion problems
RYAKER42

I am also having the same issues and have been dealing with this for months now. 

Does anyone have a contact number for the escalation department at Verizon for someone in management?  I have run out of options at this point as well and have been passed to 6 different numbers, talked with 10+ different people, and at this point am running out of options.  Couldn't be more disappointed that I switched over at this point. 

Please review and advise as to how this is at any fault to the consumer.

- Switched to Verizon April 1

- Attempted to go through Verizon Switch website

- Website inquired my old carrier "CHARGING ME TO SWITCH"

- I did not have anything specifically for SWITCHING (of course I still owed them for the phone, but no "termination fee" or anything associated- so I clicked NO

- Verizon (Smart Switch) website prompted me to stop and indicated that I COULD NOT proceed as I did not have my final bill from ATT

- Called in end of April or early May - DOCUMENTED IN VERIZON SYSTEM

- Rep from VERIZON customer Service asked if I had the early termination fee on my bill, told her I did not.  She indicated that I should wait, as I did not have my final bill - so I did.

- Gave it some time, called into Verizon Smart Switch customer service and was told the exact same thing and that I had to WAIT.  Out of any and all options at this point - I waited as that is what I was told by a representative of Verizon (whether employee and/or employee of a firm/3rd party that is running this promotion)

- OUTSIDE of 60 days now I called back in - the next person with smart switch indicated that ANY PAYOFF FOR AN OLD DEVICE COUNTED and that I should hit YES on the Verizon Switch website.  Had I been told this by any of the numerous reps that I spoke with this would have been resolved. 

- Now, not only have I spent countless time on the phone with various reps, been hung up on accidentally, but now they process my request OUTSIDE of the 60 day window. 

PLEASE advise as to what I could have done better.  I stayed in continual communication with Verizon throughout the process and did as I was advised.  How can I be held accountable to the switching cost/fees?

Should a BA/QA/Product Manager/Customer Experience team member not been involved in this website to ensure that this is very clear?

Should the picture on the Verizon Switch Page NOT illustrate ONE example of possible FEES associated that would ALLOW AND/OR PREVENT customers from moving forward?  (NOTE: I just went back in to try again to see if I could snag a screen shot and appears that a separate view/page/window was added to ask if I had an Early Termination Fee AND/OR Remaining Device Balances - to the best of my recollection this screen did not appear on MY DEVICE.  I believe that this was off the page that I had and I only saw "early termination fee" - which I did not have.

Finally and/or most importantly, should the Customer Service teams with Verizon and/or the 3rd Party be educated to handle this promptly?  Perhaps acknowledge that I may not have an "Early Termination Fee" vs. the remaining balance for devices?

0 Likes
RT2916

I've experienced similar problems. I sent my Sprint phone to Verizon for credit. I have a USPS tracking # and proof of delivery. Verizon lost the phone and wouldn't credit my account. (Apparently I'm responsible for their Fort Worth shipping destination, in which case, you're all fired.)

After my third three hour call, in which we conferenced with Sprint, it was determined that Verizon couldn't credit the return unless I provided the phone's ID number. Without it Verizon couldn't find the phone they lost. After one marathon call, the rep credited my account $300. The credit showed in my account, but within 4 days Verizon rescinded the credit without notice. Back to zero.

There were also issues about documentation for the final bill, etc. Page 1 wasn't enough. I sent the entire bill, however notice of missing documentation hasn't been removed from status.

After 6+ contacts and 12+ hours of service, I'll pass on giving further details.

I doubt the program is a scam. Verizon is giving new customers a mix of uncaring service, ineptitude, and a willingness to dump on clients. All things I'd hoped to leave behind at Sprint.

0 Likes
ROBROM63

Same issue for me since February of this year switched from sprint have submitted 23 emails I get a reply stating missing information the last response I got essential phone number invalid I called and was told my number was entered incorrectly in their system. I have been calling and have had it escalated several times they told me I didn't submit anything until June when I have emails with submissions since March.  It's a scam I should have never switched from sprint. The switch department is ridiculous. I just called customer service 10/5 @ 0930 and was transfered again to switch department.

0 Likes
JOEWT1988
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switch from Sprint to Verizon for the switcher program I followed Everything Verizon wanted me to do send out all the emails turned in my last remaining bill sent my phone they still never took care of my Sprint bill Nora gave me a gift card to replace the contract ending and Sprint for switching over to Verizon like they said when I signed a contract when I went in on the day of their switcher deal promotion at the store and got [Removed] for $573 that I had to pay for it because Verizon lied to me and had me do all this stuff to tell me I wasn't going to get it which is wrong and a lie I'm going to get a lawyer now and have a lawsuit with them for false accusations and lying to a customer and [Removed] me over on Sprint

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

mama23dogs
Legend

No carrier pays directly, item YOUR BILL. 

You always had to pay sprint yourself. Verizon's offer was a reimbursement on the phone only.

Since you didn't read it before you made the expensive switch, you might want to read now, so you know where you went wrong.

Switch to Verizon | Verizon Wireless

LAULAW56
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also just found out this switch program is a total SCAM.

My Verizon agent here assured me that it was UP TO $650 for the switch, depending on your final bill. Well, my final bill from AT&T showed that I owed $311.57 on my phone. When I switched to Verizon, I spent literally 2 hours with the agent crunching the numbers. She assured me that what I would get a pre-paid card of what the balance left to be paid on my phone was. OK, so I  made the switch. Then I waited and waited. Verizon "switcher" website and emails told me that when I sent my final bill, it didn't show the correct, "final" amount. I had to call and complain and ask to speak to a supervisor. That person, after doing more research, told me that it was an "honest" mistake and that they did have all the information to process my payment. They updated the numbers. When I asked what my switcher payment would be, they said it would be $21.58. What????? What happened to the $311.57?

The explanation was that I already got $289.99 for sending in my old phone. OK. Well, the Verizon agent had convinced me to do that. She told me that my perfectly good AT&T phone was "locked" by AT&T so they didn't know how to get it "unlocked" to work for Verizon, and thus I would have to by a new Verizon phone. I didn't want to buy a new phone but she assured me that with their "trade-in" program, I could get money off my monthly charges for the Verizon new phone by doing the trade in. OK. So I did the trade in. We crunched the numbers together to show that with the trade--in, PLUS the switcher payment of $311.57, I would come out about even.

NOT!

Supervisor "Charles" [Removed] repeatedly told me he was "sorry" that this wasn't made clear from the start. SERIOUSLY, Charles, I will be talking more with the Verizon agent here, as well as our local newspaper and anyone else I know that this is a joke. You must talk to people  like me everyday and you know this program is a hoax. You should talk to your boss Nelson and set the record straight. All of us deserve our payments as we were told.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

mama23dogs
Legend

LAULAW56

Not a scam and you got exactly what Verizon, ATT, T-mobile and Sprint offered - to reimburse you for the remainder of what you owed on your phone.   No service or taxes.

The only way you get anything is to trade in your phone for credit.  The remainder comes after you submit your final bill. 

The agent was absolutely correct.  ATT phones are locked to ATT and also do not have CDMA for Verizon.  The phone would not have worked on Verizon. 

The agent said you would come out even, and you did.  You received credits equal to what you owed on the ATT phone. 

0 Likes
BRAHOR62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes - I have had numerous calls, texts, emails - to all departments, numerous times i was told that my cards to pay off my old carrier were coming.  3 months later nothing.  I have kept all communication with them and they have failed to follow through with anything promised.  All i wanted was what the promotion said- to be bought out of my previous carrier".  Now Im stuck with that bill! Frustrating and deceiving. If you look on the community boards you will see numerous people with the same issue

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Did you read previous replies?   Did you trade in phones in good condition?  Did you receive a trade in value credited to your account?  

Verizon has the offer clearly published here.  Switch to Verizon | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes