Verizon Support issues for Assumption of Liability (AOL)
Mvpn

I just wanted to transfer two members from one Verizon Wireless account to another Verizon Wireless account. Both account holders of these two Verizon accounts visited the Verizon customer center in Columbia, MD and spent three and half hours on 10/24/2015. The gentleman there started getting some issues and he called the Verizon main support. A lady from the Verizon AOL support spent almost one hour and then sent me an email with a subject -"Information Regarding Your Verizon Wireless Order xxxxxxxx". The email just wanted me accept the agreement so that Verizon can process the order. But as soon as the agreement is opened an error message popped up:

"We are unable to process your request at this time for order number xxxxx

Please try again later or contact the AOL team at 1-888-832-4540 for assistance"

If the relinquishing party is a business account please call 1-800-922-0204"

The Verizon AOL support lady was still on the phone when I saw the above message on my email. She did not know what to do and tried again and the same thing happened. She then simply transferred my call to another support team (probably business support and this other person had no clue why we were transferred. The other support person could not help and the whole story started again. Finally the local store support person and the AOL support person person on the phone assumed may be it is a server problem and asked me to try again after a few hours.

It has been almost a month and it never worked. I don't know who in Verizon can help to solve this problem. It is important for us to consolidate our accounts.

I have read quite a disappointing Verizon support when it comes to AOL requests.

Please let me know if someone knows how to get around this. At the least I would like to understand why am I getting the error. Disappointing user experience.

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Support issues for Assumption of Liability (AOL)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mvpn,

You have reached the right place for help.  I want to make sure we get this resolved for you. I will send you a private message to help.

YVZWliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
yagoolio
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, am having the same issue.

Can you help me?

It's been 3 hours w/ back and forth...

0 Likes
Mvpn

My issue is still not resolved. Even the notice Verizon had sent expred as

it had a 30 day limit. They want me go through the whole process again.

I have lost confidence in their competency to resolve this issue Poor

customer support and training from Verizon..

0 Likes
earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no support far as i can see

0 Likes
frustratedplzhelp

Good luck! I signed over 2 lines almost a year ago, the new owner failed 2 pay so service was disconnected.  Months later with no warning until I go 2 upgrade another phone I am informed that I am responsible 4 the unpaid balace!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mvpn

I have transferred lines from my account to the individuals as my children got older and took over their own lines.  I have transferred lines back in to save kids money by putting them back on my family plan.  I've done the AOL both ways, (we've had our Verizon service for 15+ years, with multiple lines) and it has gone smoothly in every case.

Are all the accounts up to date and current?  Are the plans you are trying to merge compatible?  You may have to change plans in order for the AOL to go through successfully. 

Even so, it seems that customer service would know why it's not working, and be able to tell you what needs to happen to make it work.

0 Likes
Mvpn

I finally got this issue resolved yesterday after another 2 hour call. I am very grateful to Verizon Customer support representative who identified herself as Roselyn. She deserves a big pat for her patience and determination to nail it down.

To cut the story short, one of the lines I was transferring was on a EDGE plan and until it paid off remaining amount the transfer would not go through. As this line was on the top of the list other non EDGE lines intended for the transfer were also blocked.

Error message would not indicate any of these issues. Based on my research I myself had indicated this issue to other representatives earlier and they did not feel it was an issue. As soon as I paid off the remaining amount on the EDGE plan, all the transfers went through.

Thank you all for suggestions.

0 Likes