Verizon Store Unprofessionalism
gailediv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't believe how much business we have and do give Verizon over the years. When you are buying everything is great. When you have an issue no one wants to help you. Corporate Verizon says I have to resolve my issue in the store that "helped" me and the store tells me I have to call Verizon. Typical! Not the first time. We pay our bills, use the insurance for replacement phones when we break something. I went in with a problem hearing on my phone. Asked the salesperson for a replacement ONLY if there would be no charge. He said no problem AFTER he held my cracked phone I have been using for over a year for ten minutes. Get my bill with a $320 damage charge after mailing it in. Call Verizon. No have to go to the store. Go to the store and they say to call Verizon. After insisting on a resolution, we are told that they will try to get my cracked phone back from the warehouse and if they can't then I will receive a credit. 2 weeks later I call and am told no credit even though they can't get my phone. And I lied and said the phone was cracked less than it was when received at the warehouse. And the salesperson said it was not cracked when we came in but we must have damaged it after we left while waiting for the replacement phone in the mail. The store manager said she can't do anything without asking the district manager who never called me back even though she assured me he would. So basically the customer is a liar even though my husband was standing next to me when each store employee made their promises for resolution. So now I don;t know how to even resolve this.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Store Unprofessionalism
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think it's essentially "buyer beware" when you enter a store. The consultants appear there to mainly help you purchase a new phone or resolve simple billing problems. As soon as you go off script with a somewhat novel issue, you really cannot be assured of results that you desire.

They aren't really tech support, nor are they insurance reps or experts, and their familiarity with policy, technology, what is possible and actionable is going to be variable. Your outcome may depend on what store you visit, and whom you're lucky or unlucky to speak with.

Maybe their training is predominately OJT. But you cannot ask for something no one may be in the position to supply to you. As is generally the case, unless something is in writing, you can't fall back on he/she said, even if you have someone with you.

[removed]

Good luck.

Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

[removed] I agree with you It is near impossible to get anything done without a exhorted effort on the part of the customer.Sadly there are misleading salespeople/CS/TS both in the stores and over the phone. They just want you to say yes or sign a contract and you have to suffer with the unfulfilled promises.To be fair of course there are customers that apply the same reasoning as they are subjected too which only makes matters worse.

I remember when this was a regulated business and they could never get away with the distortions they continue to apply to sales,service and repairs.

IMO I am sure some aspects would be much better today if the phone company was still a monopoly.

Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s always important to set the correct expectations whenever any changes are made, or orders are placed for our customers, gailediv. Regardless of training, any representative would know that a damaged device wouldn’t be eligible for a no-cost warranty replacement. I’m ashamed to hear that you’ve been getting the run-around in an attempt to get this issue resolved. To clarify, once a device has been received by our warehouse, we’re not able to return it due to the sheer amount of devices we receive each day. Let’s end this running around get this fixed today. So that we can best assist you, can you please reply to the private message I have sent you.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

They should have never sent you a replacement under warranty if your phone was damaged. That is first and foremost. However, the information about warranty replacement guidelines is outlined in the small pamphlet that comes with your phone anyway. Never in the history of mobile device and electronics were no charge warranty replacements given on damaged devices.

However, since you accepted the warranty replacement and sent back the damaged one, you will most likely not get any concession from Verizon as they now have to pay money to the manufacturer for this device.

If you are unaware, the the replacements that you receive are provided to Verizon by the manufacturer and Verizon is held to the warranty guidelines that come with the your phone in written form. If you were to have gone directly the manufacturer you would have been told that they can't fix it for free.

0 Likes