Verizon Punishes It's Clients With The Unusable Speed Cap of 600Mbps, We are leaving!
PerrinO
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a long time Verizon client and business customer, we were always happy with the Verizon services. All our devices were on grandfathered plans with the original unrestricted data caps and paying a higher costs for this. A few months ago we noticed that our month bill dropped by $100. Further inspection, we realized that Verizon moved all our phones (without permission) to the new Unlimited everything plan. After this "unapproved move" we started to see the "bandwidth control" imposed to 600 Mbps down in our small community. This is a punishment move by Verizon!

See screen shot from a real time data statistic. https://i.imgur.com/244SwhS.jpg

We tried to deal / reason with Verizon support about this unauthorized change but they never get back to us after they state (you'll hear from us in 7 to 10 days). It seems they've lost all credibility and care for the long time clients.

Good Bye!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Punishes It's Clients With The Unusable Speed Cap of 600Mbps, We are leaving!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were there any other changes to the account at about the same time? Lines added or upgraded?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Punishes It's Clients With The Unusable Speed Cap of 600Mbps, We are leaving!
PerrinO
Enthusiast - Level 2

None!

0 Likes
MileyCyrus

Just want to point out that it's not 600 Mbps ( I would love to have that speed!), but 600 Kbps (0.6 Mbps).

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I hate to be the wet blanket, but any carrier has the right to change our plans and Verizon has been going to town on customers outside the service area or using excess data.   Maybe this was an accident.  Maybe not. 

0 Likes
PerrinO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its a good thing the world has people like you!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is definitely a good thing that the world has people like mama23dogs​ and myself who will tell you the truth instead of telling you you're right when you are most likely wrong.

mama23dogs
Legend

Im just surprised they didn't think of some underhanded way to get everyone off yet another plan for a supposedly better one.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The best part is that Verizon is not the industry leader with these types of plans, right?

I mean AT&T had rollover minutes forever but VZW did not. Then ALL other carriers started getting rid of contracts. VZW was the last one and it was almost a year after everyone else. Then AT&T had rollover data and VZW started it with EXACTLY the same guidelines but people we up in arms. Then ALL other carriers slowly brought back Unlimited Data but nobody ever bothered to read what those offerings were because they weren't the unlimited that we were used to. So VZW does it EXACTLY the same as the other carriers but everyone gets up in arms because they get what they paid for but never bothered to read about what they are paying for.

This is why I keep a tiered plan. I will never be prioritized. I am hardly ever using mobile data. I consider what I do that will use my mobile data and if I REALLY want to use it for that particular purpose. It is called self control.

mama23dogs
Legend

I'm assuming you are in the nicest way saying consumers ask for an inch, then when they get it, they want the whole yard.  Yep. 

Its a pity Verizon caved on unlimited data.  It's put a terrible load on both ATT and Verizon Networks. 

0 Likes