Verizon Promotion arrives less than 48 hrs after Purchase of new phone/contract
RLINEN

On 4 MAY, after waiting an entire month of waiting for an hard to resist Verizon Wireless promotion to land at my feet that related to the phone and the plan I was interested in, I gave up waiting and upgraded to a GzOne Commando Phone and extended my 2 Year Agreement.

My total bill was $137 and change.Phone, Accessory Kit and Upgrade Fee

Then can you believe it? less than 48 hours I am sent the following message from Verizon today:

YOU CHOOSE

Get a Free Phone or 2 months of line access FREE Call 1-877-492-8454 today. 2 year agreement required, $30 upgrade fee may apply. 

Is there anything that Verizon can do for me?  Can I get my phone for free after all? 

Or 2 months of "line access?"

I was upset enough yesterday, because I asked the CHAT representative why I had to pay an upgrade fee when I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years.  They basically gave me the impression everyone pays. If that is so what does it say above "$30 upgrade MAY apply?"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Promotion arrives less than 48 hrs after Purchase of new phone/contract
Not applicable

There is no such thing as "loyal customer."  All customers who sign a 2 year contract are equally loyal.  Every contract is a new contract, you don't "renew" an old contract.  We all pay the upgrade fee except new customers who pay a larger activation fee.

Re: Verizon Promotion arrives less than 48 hrs after Purchase of new phone/contract
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Call and see if they will do that promo, I think price matching is within 14-days that may be a different story.

0 Likes
Not applicable

spitxfire wrote:

Call and see if they will do that promo, I think price matching is within 14-days that may be a different story.

If Its past that time frame of 14 days, unfortunate.

However that 14 day period has not elasped so I would cancel out the sale and then get the phone or service free after you make sure the last transaction was cancelled.

Verizon Wireless does not price match. Why would they?

Too bad for the original poster. I see it happen in retail stores all the time.

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

They will price match within 14-days, yes they will not price match online to in-store or direct to indirect retailers, but if online price changed within 14-days (like the S3 recently) they will price match that.  And the poster said it's only been a couple days.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As soon as I posted I noted some of my words did not post so I quickly went to edit. I hate using tablets to post.

Yes I read that it was May 4th. But I corrected the post with the additional words and phrase.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

spitxfire wrote:

They will price match within 14-days, yes they will not price match online to in-store or direct to indirect retailers, but if online price changed within 14-days (like the S3 recently) they will price match that.  And the poster said it's only been a couple days.

Unless things have changed recently, you're correct.  The on-line price for a phone that I ordered dropped about 10 days after mine arrived; I called CS and they credited the difference to my account.  This was over a year ago, so the policy could have changed, but I haven't heard any noise that it has.

0 Likes
Not applicable

tikibar1 wrote:

spitxfire wrote:

Unless things have changed recently, you're correct.  The on-line price for a phone that I ordered dropped about 10 days after mine arrived; I called CS and they credited the difference to my account.  This was over a year ago, so the policy could have changed, but I haven't heard any noise that it has.

You know Tiki I have never purchased my cell phones on line. Never ever. I always go into the store near me and purchase them there.

Like I said I have never known Verizon Wireless to price match. Online of course may be different.

I am not even sure if Best Buys or Staple Stores will even price match.  I will next time I am in those stores ask.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

To each their own, and everyone's different.     I could count on one hand the number of times I've been in the local Verizon store, and I've been a customer forever.  I do everything on-line.

As stated above, the only price matching that I'm aware of is if you buy it at Verizon and the price drops at Verizon.  I know they'll match if on-line 'cause it's happened to me; I don't know if it works in the store or not.  I doubt an on-line purchase could be matched in-store 'cause on-line prices are different than in-store and over-the-phone prices.

Best Buy will price match; I bought something a few months ago that the price dropped less than a week later.  I can't remember if they gave me a credit on my credit card or if it was a store gift card, but they did refund the difference.  I don't know if Best Buy will price match against another store, but they will their own prices.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

As stated above, the only price matching that I'm aware of is if you buy it at Verizon and the price drops at Verizon.  I know they'll match if on-line 'cause it's happened to me; I don't know if it works in the store or not.  I doubt an on-line purchase could be matched in-store 'cause on-line prices are different than in-store and over-the-phone prices.

Like tiki - this happened to me - we bought two Env3's on line for our (then) teenagers, $50 each, and a week later the price dropped to $30 each, and Verizon gave me the new sale price by a credit on my account.  On line and instore pricing aren't "swappable" - you buy online and get the online price; buy in store and the price difference is typically in the form of a Visa debit card (which is what I got when I bought my Droid 4, and it actually arrived with a full $50 on it, that I have managed to spend....)

0 Likes