Verizon Position Re: Net Nuetrality
TobyOrNotToby

This is a message for Mr. Lowell McAdam, Verizon CEO.

Your conference call with Verizon investors on Monday outlined your position that "True net neutrality, which promotes an open Internet where all online traffic is treated equally, means customers and companies that use more Internet should pay more."

I am here to tell you that I emphatically disagree with your position and am prepared to do everything within my power to oppose you, including:

1. Terminating my account
  2. Encouraging friends, relatives, colleagues, acquaintances, casual contacts and strangers to terminate their Verizon account
  3. Participate in any and all on-line campaigns that call for others to terminate their accounts
  4. Call my elected officials and apply every ounce of pressure that I can bring to bear to pass legislation that will prevent you from meeting the above stated goal of limiting Internet traffic to those that can afford to pay for it.

The Internet has become an integral part of societies throughout the world; to such a degree that it must now be considered public property. I have no problem with governmental institutions granting license to firms such as yours that enable you to provide us with access to this fundamental right while producing a reasonable profit, but BEWARE. We will also demand that government terminate your license if you are perceived engaging in practices that harm society or run contrary to the public good.

I would therefore encourage you to reverse your position. And, for your benefit, I would suggest doing so publicly prior to the next Shareholder's Conference. I say this because, although I vehemently disagree with you, I am (as yet) not requiring that you loose your job. Nothing upsets a shareholder more than a CEO who is perceived to be behaving in a manner that jeopardizes shareholder value.

Good Luck Mr. McAdam; you made need it.

With regards,

A VERY Angry Verizon Subscriber.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Position Re: Net Nuetrality
Not applicable

A) Net neutrality never applied to wireless which is what this website is about.

B) The CEO has stated that FiOS does not and will not have caps anytime soon. So you're issue is?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Position Re: Net Nuetrality
Not applicable

There are three main rules at the heart of the regulation. The first required that broadband providers, whether they're fixed-line providers or wireless operators, are open and transparent to their customers and to the services using their networks about how they manage congestion on the systems.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57617242-94/why-you-should-care-about-net-neutrality-faq/

Research research research.

Good Luck

0 Likes