Verizon Needs to Implement Anti-Robo-Caller
UltimateCodeWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can't carriers stop unwanted calls?      If a call is comming from a number on network A, why isn't there some sort of check before your phone is rung on network A or network B to make certain that that number on network A did indeed dial your phone number.    If it's a spoofed number, don't ring the phone, but present the caller with a recording telling them that phone abuse is not permitted.   Allow customers to select whether or not to recieve phone calls from networks which do not support caller verification.    Caller ID is worthless.  Then you will see widespread adoption of this.     Need some sort of blockchain to stop unwanted calls.   If they do get through, then there is accountability.     I mean how many carriers in the US would have to be on-board with this, maybe 5-10 max?   Doesn't seem to be too big of a technological problem.   Once there is accountability, then all you would have to do is press a button on your phone, this was an "Unwanted Call" and as soon as someone gets 10 or 20 hits, they are yanked off the network.   

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Needs to Implement Anti-Robo-Caller
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UltimateCodeWarrior, I'm sorry that you keep receiving unwanted calls. I'm not a fan of pesky calls either. Robocalls are something that unfortunately is becoming way too common. These robocalls are not affiliated in any way with Verizon Wireless. Our Verizon Call Filter ( http://spr.ly/6183DN185 ) is a great app at recognizing/screening unwanted calls. You will receive a 10-day free trial to try it out. We do have some other recommendations that may curb the annoying calls. We suggest that you register on the National Do Not Call Registry http://spr.ly/6189D2hJf. If you are not having success with our Call Filter feature, you can look for a possible 3rd party app that may have the blocking/screening capabilities that you're looking for. One other thing you may want to do is file a complaint with the FCC. Here's their link http://spr.ly/6189D2huD. Lastly, I know that changing your number isn't the most favorable option, but it might be something to consider. You can do that for free right from your My Verizon account http://spr.ly/6180D2hJA. I am confident that at least one of my suggestions will help. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
UltimateCodeWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 1

#1 - I don't think you really understood my post, and the answer that I had handed to the forum.   Verizon needs to put on it's thinking cap and get after the problem.   I maintain that they could correct most of these robo calls within their own network without customers having to do a thing.  Doesn't that sound wonderful?    A TRUE solution to the problem?   How come you just sent me a Stock/Canned response rather than running this idea up the flagpole to the telephony engineers within verizon as a possiblity to be examined further?  Handing customers lame-duck ineffectual long-trip-around-the-barn workarounds is the absolute death of organizations.  It's been years, and there's been ZERO progress on Verizon's side and it's a drop-dead-simple solution if they would only Open up their eyes, ears, minds.    Remember the most effective way to stop the robocalls is to just cancel your Verizon accounts and that is an ever-present option, especially if another carrier beats you to the punch on this.    

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UltimateCodeWarrior, It would be sad to see you leave the Verizon family. I totally understand where you are coming from. Continuing to receive these calls is never fun. I will be sure to forward submit your feedback in regards to stopping unwanted calls. 

JustinB_VZW

0 Likes
redneckinfedel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe, verizon may be encouraging robo calls,  in order to charge subscribers for blocking service.  you know what is said about, if it looks like, sounds like, smells like.... it probably is what it seems to be.

0 Likes