Verizon Message+ Problems
Twoammedic

I have long utilized the Verizon Message+ app on my LG G3, and up until recently I loved it. However since the last few updates, I'm having a very frustrating issue. When I quick reply to a message from the text pop up window, it's intermittently not going through. If I go to the message+ app, it doesnt even show that I ever wrote a reply, it just somehow disappears. Any suggestions to fix this? I uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck. If not, I'm going to have to change messaging apps. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message+ Problems
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

I would change messaging apps...I too gave Verizon's messaging app a shot (most recently on my V10) and experienced the same issues. I tried the uninstall and re install, cleared data and cache within the app and no luck. 

I went with Textra and haven't looked back Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Depending on getting your messages out quickly should be second nature. I have the messages plus app too and love it on my device. Is there an error message that pops up ever? Is this with WiFi on or off? Did you have all your other apps and software up to date? How is the memory in your device? We want to help you stay connected, and knowing that you have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, these are the things I would check next. Let us know what the answers are and if there is any change of behavior in your phone. We are here to help.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Twoammedic

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems to happen on both Wi-Fi and regular 3G/4G. I still have almost half of my memory available, and my other apps as well as my phone software are all up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Twoammedic, getting these pieces of the puzzle is very helpful, and helps us rule out a few things. Is anyone else having the same concern you are? Do you ever switch between other messaging applications on your phone? Do you see any default apps that come up other than the messages when you try to send a message? Have you cleared the cache of both messaging applications in the settings under application manager? Lets give this a try and see what happens. Keep us updated, we are happy to assist.

CheriS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Twoammedic

It's the only messaging app I use. I Havent been using any others. I'm the only one in my family using it, so I'm not sure if anyone else is having issues. No there are no error codes or other default apps popping up. This app is set as my default messaging app. I'll clear the cache and let you You how it goes. Thanks.

0 Likes
Twoammedic

No luck, cleared the cache out in all messaging apps, but still having the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Twoammedic

Thanks for trying that step and keeping me posted.  Let’s take a closer look.

Can you disable the default “Messaging” application http://vz.to/1yIjz1V and then test the Verizon Messages application to see if the problem reoccurs?  Keep me posted with your results.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes