Verizon Iphone trade in scam
jeep82guy

I am writing in regards to the trade in program for the iPhone 6 plus.  I had a 4s in tip top shape, always in a case and always had tempered glass screen protector.  It was time for me to upgrade and thought, "hey what a perfect way to get $200 back for my 4s."  So I went ahead and pre-ordered.  Got my shipping materials to send in the old phone once I got my new on and started using it. Cleared the old phone and deactivated the features they requested.

Now first I get an email saying they didn't receive my device.  Now when I check the status it tells me that my LCD is broken and phone is damaged. Seriously? 

I was a little leery about sending my device in a paper bag lined with bubble wrap that clearly said VERIZON TRADE IN PROGRAM on the outside of the envelope.  I decided to send it in anyway.  Now I am wishing that I never did.  They are offering some insanely low amount that in my opinion is a complete joke. 

I would have kept the phone as a backup just in case mine or my wife's phone had problems, died, stolen, etc.  Now I am out my perfectly good 4s and I don't have the $200 that I was promised. 

Why didn't Verizon have a designated drop off point at on of the retail locations?  I feel like they knew what they were doing when running this promotion.  I have spoken to 3 different people and all of them have had the same experience.

I feel cheated, disappointed, and most of all I didn't expect this company to do this to me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Iphone trade in scam
LRBrown
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed,  I had a similiar issue and ended up canceling my contract.

Posted about it here:

Just canceled iphone 6, beware of Verizon Trade in program. Regret it all.

A Verizon chat rep even told me he had the same problems with the trade in program.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Iphone trade in scam
Souleyes2

Same issue. Looking to cancel my contract now. Rip off, I've been a customer for longer than I can remember and this is how they treat the loyal ones. Good bye verizon

0 Likes