Verizon Edge question
BillE7448
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Went into a Verizon store yesterday to upgrade my current phones since my two-year contract just expired. We had enquirer about the Verizon Edge program, and decided to move forward with it. While getting everything together, the sales rep suddenly told us that we were not eligible, and didn't have a reason. Rather than us walking out if the store with two new upgradable iPhone 5S that we could possibly upgrade when the new iPhones come out, we had a bill of over $350. I wonder if anyone can tell me why I wouldn't be able to go on the Edge plan?

I have a limited data plan, have a spotless payment record, and have been a Verizon customer since long before they were Verizon.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh goodness, BillE7448. We certainly understand your inquiry in regards to why you were not able to upgrade with Edge. This is something that is account specific and we would need to review the account to see why it didn't work out for you.
vzw.com/edge

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The most likely reasons could be that in the last 6 months you had one or more billing cycles that carried a balance. You must have on time payments for at least 6 months. Another is that you have one bill (wireless and home services together on one bill). For someone who has had an account long enough to upgrade these are quite possibly the likeliest reasons.

0 Likes
yellowcanary
Contributor - Level 1

He did state this.

I have a limited data plan, have a spotless payment record, and have been a Verizon customer since long before they were Verizon

So I doubt payment history had anything to do with it.

0 Likes