Verizon Edge Plan A Scam
cclose79

I purchased a Galaxy S4 almost a year ago, and have paid over 50% of the cost, in fact I only have 3 more payments to go. I wanted to Edge up to a Iphone 5s. I tried to go to a Verizon Store, and they could not help me stating that even though my account showed I was on the Edge plan it would not let them process the upgrade. I then tried to go through the website, which would let me get to the point of purchase then no option to use the Edge at checkout. As a last ditch effort I tried calling customer service. After 30 minutes of getting put on hold, then bounced to sales they told me they had never seen this issue before. I was told there was some code they could use to override the issue, however the representatives supervisor had to do the research and would call me back in an hour. The call never came. I am at the end of my rope on this one, and definitely have no choice but to finish out the payments on this phone without Verizon honoring their supposed Edge plan. I have been a subscriber since 1999, but at this point I think I am just going to have to jump ship to another carrier that will honor their service agreements. I have never had this issue with Verizon before, obviously they just do not care to keep your business anymore.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge Plan A Scam
Not applicable

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2013/07/edge-device-payment-early-upgrade.html

http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-unveils-edge-its-own-pricey-early-upgrade-plan/

A year ago? The edge plan went live in August 25, 2013 maybe that is why you cannot edge up.

Also now instead of six months to get a new device you can do it every thirty days.

Go to a Verizon wireless corporate store not a reseller

Good Luck

Code042

Have the same problem. Wanted to try out the Edge plan. Have a Galaxy S4. Tried going through the whole process, seemingly signing up for a new phone using an Edge plan. Go through the checkout... don't see any mention of Edge. Ugh. I wouldn't be so damn annoyed if Verizon hadn't repeatedly sent me emails indicating "For a limited time, you're eligible to exchange your current phone for a new 4G LTE smartphone with Verizon Edge." Sure is a great customer service move!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go into a Verizon wireless corporate store. Many times what cannot be done online (why bother with online) can be done in their corporate stores.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with our Edge program Code042. I know how exciting it is to activate a new device. Are you eligible to upgrade with the 2year discount and contract term. Did you choose the Edge pricing when you indicated which device you wanted to buy? We can check your account to ensure you're eligible for Edge. This can also be done at the store location, on the phone with customer service, chat, Facebook or Twitter.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
cclose79

I am already on the Edge plan according to the website. I have spoken to

customer service on the phone, and they see I am on Edge and paid over 50%

of the phone. They are just unable to do anything, and their supervisor

never contacted me back. It appears as though my account has slipped into

some sort of blackhole that nobody knows how to correct it or why it is

giving me issues.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're also having issues with your Edge plan cclose79. I know its frustrating to have an account issues you are not able to get corrected. We don't want you to leave and hope we can get this corrected. Please send us a private message here so we can gather some additional information to help get this fixed.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
cclose79

I am not sure if this is how to private message you, but I do not see any other options to do so. What information do you need from me?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here's how to send a Private/Direct Message:

The Follow button is on the upper right-hand side of their profile page:

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much Tikibar1. We truly appreciate your help.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes