Re: Verizon ETF Ridiculous for Long Term Customer
rcschnoor
Legend

wsard107 wrote:

Wow, I was with Verizon for a long time but had never defended them, regrettably referred them, but never to the extent of pulling up documents and blaming other customers for their failures to conform to customer agreements. They must really take care of you, I wish I received the same services.

It is not that I defend Verizon. I am more for the consumer being informed. THAT is on the consumer. In fact, I don't even recommend ANYONE get Verizon. Instead, I recommend people choose the cellular provider which best suits their needs. For some, it will be Verizon. For others, it will be another provider. Makes no matter to me which is the best, as long as they choose the best for their needs. You appear to be happy with T-Mobile. GREAT, I am happy for you. If you fail to look into the agreement YOU have with T-Mobile and THEN start complaining about T-Mobile's policies, I would STILL say that is on YOU, not T-Mobile.Smiley Happy Good luck with your current provider. I hope you have a long and happy relationship with them.Smiley Happy

wsard107

My disagreements with Verizon is not contractual, well in part, their business model has changed to where they could care less about their customers. I dealt with that for many years with Sprint during their merger with Nextel. The service I get with T-Mobile is great right now, but after time, like most others might change their customer agreements or sign illegal FISA warrants on your personal data, like Verizon which might diminish trust. My bill is 100.00 cheaper per month and unlimited data, some areas are not full LTE but many areas for Verizon was spotty. What has sealed the deal is their collection practices on a bill that isn't even due yet, they have been calling and harassing me over the ETF portion which just became due this month, nasty, mean, threatening.

0 Likes
annoyedwithcarriers
Enthusiast - Level 1

man it seems that 90% of the "community" are Verizon employees in disguise. wsard you are right, while it is all carriers, it seems that changing regularly is what they reward. ok if that's the behavior they want to reward its what I will do,  I was at att for 16 years 5 lines well over 40 grand paid, they were waiving activation for new cust, I ask them to waive upgrade fee of 30 bucks they would not, I moved to Verizon, now I want Verizon to waive $40 upgrade fee, why ?  simple I am paying you what you ask per month, and willing to pay what you advertise for a phone the upgrade is simply a way to lie and charge more than you state. its not much money its just a pet peeve of mine.  I also get annoyed about hotels that advertise 150 a night but add 25(beyond taxes) in random made up fees. tell me what you want for your product or service and I will choose whether to pay it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon no longer has upgrade fees.  No contracts, no upgrade fees.

0 Likes
annoyedwithcarriers
Enthusiast - Level 1

you need to check in with the company you "volunteer" to defend so vociferously, they do have contracts and upgrade fees. I just spent time picking a phone for a discounted price went to check out and it adds 40 bucks fee. I contacted chat service to see if it was optional on any phones, sure pay full price no fee.. they stated the fee was so they could continue to offer the same low prices and plans. I responded with no, its so you can lie about prices and actually charge 40 more than you say.     advertising for 99 adding 40 at checkout is not in any way better than advertising 139 just less honest.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, it is just a way to make the phone subsiduzed phone prices seem cheaper.  They just don't forgive the fee anymore.   did you calculate the 24 months costs of the contract vs payment plan?  Usually payment plan, with the no upgrade fee and lower monthly connection costs comes out cheaper even though you pay "full price".  Reality is you pay full price no matter which way you go, do you want to be up front with that are fool yourself into thinking you didn't pay full price with a contract? 

Snn5
Legend

Yep. Upgrades fees have been around for years.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since April 22, 2012 to be exact for when the upgrade fee was added by Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ATT has had promotions where they waived activation fees, but they don't waive upgrade fees, which are up to $45 for 2 year contracts.  They are now charging $15 to upgrade on Next installments also.  The only way to avoid upgrade fee, is by buying at full price.  And they won't waive activation fees .

Verizon no longer offers 2 year contracts.   it takes a bit of nagging to get one, but if pushed, they will give in.  Don't know for how long.

ATT only allows a 2 year contract upgrade if the phones are mailed to the customer

0 Likes