Re: Verizon ETF Ridiculous for Long Term Customer
wsard107

rcschnoor, I received no discount for my out of contract lines, nor was I offered any, or knew that It was available. In your logic, for the past 15 months Verizon has offered a discount on lines out of contract, guessing 10.00 a month per line would = 300.00 exactly my termination fee. Which would be good faith to pay the ETF with. I left Verizon with 10 years of service, I'd fairly say 6 years have been great. The reception has always been adequate, but customer service and the constant changing customer agreement was difficult to keep up with, then they threw all of us into an arbitration agreement where we loose all legal rights in courts and are at the mercy of Verizon to be fare and just, and we all know how that turns out. Looking at how much Verizon politically lobbies different political groups in one hand and then rubs the NSA's back acting like they are being forced to do it is a little unsettling to me to buy services off of. Maybe put that lobbying money to good use and try to retain the diminishing customer base they have left. I paid all of my account to 0 last month, then the line which had a contract generated a ETF for this month, my bill is not due until next month on the 15th but received a nasty creditor call threatening me with excessive fees and credit damage if the balance is not paid today. Does that sound like a company someone would like to go back to? I don't think so.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I think it's 60 days.  I originally thought it was 30 days, but Kaebfly I believe was right with 60.  I think this falls under the "win-back" dept offerings.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

wsard107 wrote:

rcschnoor, I received no discount for my out of contract lines, nor was I offered any, or knew that It was available.

Simply because you were unaware it was available does not mean it WAS. It is not automatic, though, you have to add the discount yourself in your MyVerizon account or call CS to have it added. YOU have to be proactive. I first started getting the discount in April of 2014 when Verizon first started offering it. I added 3 more lines to the discount when they became eligible(month to month) in December of 2014. It is only available on More Everything plans. Depending on your data allowance you will get a $25/month discount(6 GB or more shared data allowance) or $10/month discount(less than 6 GB shared data allowance). I am currently receiving $75/month discount total on 3 out of contract lines.Smiley Happy

wsard107 wrote:

In your logic, for the past 15 months Verizon has offered a discount on lines out of contract, guessing 10.00 a month per line would = 300.00 exactly my termination fee. Which would be good faith to pay the ETF with.

That is YOUR logic, not mine. My logic would be that you did not add the discount so you would not be entitled to it.

0 Likes
wsard107

What affiliation do you have with Verizon? Paid? or just a devout customer who is overly satisfied with their indentured servitude? So the fault stays with the customer for ignorance of not knowing what retention programs a servicer offers? There was not any discount offered to me at any time for not being in contract, how is that my fault? There was not any automatic discount, the bill remained the same after the phone lines fell out of contract.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Before you ask:  no, I am only a customer, not an employee of Verizon.

rcschnoor
Legend

wsard107 wrote:

What affiliation do you have with Verizon? Paid? 

None.

wsard107 wrote:

or just a devout customer who is overly satisfied with their indentured servitude?

No, simply a customer happy with the service. IF/WHEN another company can provide as good or better service at a competitive price I will certainly consider making a switch. So far, no one has. In the past, I have been a customer of Sprint and AT&T. Verizon is a better fit for my needs. Thanks for asking, though.Smiley Happy

wsard107 wrote:

There was not any discount offered to me at any time for not being in contract, how is that my fault?

There was no discount offered to me at any time for not being in contract, either. I keep myself up to date on Verizon's policies, this forum is one such way to do so. I added the discount myself without it being offered on each occasion. THAT is my fault I currently have the discount. Verizon didn't offer it, they simply have it available for those out of contract on More Everything plans.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
wsard107

Wow, I was with Verizon for a long time but had never defended them, regrettably referred them, but never to the extent of pulling up documents and blaming other customers for their failures to conform to customer agreements. They must really take care of you, I wish I received the same services.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, we take care of ourselves, through information-seeking practices.

wsard107

That's good for you. How long has this informative blog been here?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oldest dated profile I found is from around 6-7 years ago.

0 Likes