Verizon Data and Other Services
jacqueline11

This has been upsetting me for a while now. When I first got a smartphone I got unlimited data for $30, which seems pricey still, but the service was good at this point and my internet went quickly. I got rid of my smartphone and then got another last year. The plan for $30 now is ONLY 2 GB. Totally ridiculous price, but at this point my service was still good and my internet was quick. Now my data service is completely HORRIBLE! It doesn't even work half the time. I can't get 3G in places that I did before and when I get service it's usually 1X. Verizon keeps adding on fees like an upgrade fee, activation fee, the other services are getting more and more expensive. I am the only phone on my plan and my monthly bill is $130 a month and that is WITH a 20% discount from where I work. With the amount I fork out evey month I expect to get excellent services! When I call to resolve issues I'm on hold for an hour and am transferred between 15 people and they can't even help. Everyone in my area feels the exact way as well. I'm about ready to switch providers. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Data and Other Services
Not applicable

Unlimited data for $30 is pricey? My cable internet connection is $50 and it's not unlimited.

Just to let you know if you switch you will encounter activation fees and upgrade fees. Both of which are actually higher. You also won't find pricing to be much different and most likely worse coverage. But go ahead see if the grass is greener. Please come back after 6 months and let us know about your wonderful new service. Good luck too you.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I pay $65 for home internet and it's unlimited.  It's also fixed just inside my house, and I can't take it where I please.  If you know something that is less than $30 and I can take it where I please while giving me more than 5mbps down, and 1 mbps up and always be connected 95%+ of the time.  I will switch in a heart beat.

0 Likes
jacqueline11

I pay seperately for wireless internet as well and it's $60 a month, but I don't mind paying because the service is excellent, when I have issues, which is rare, someone is there the next day and the price has been steady for 2 years now. $30 for 2 GB on ONLY your phone is ridiculous. Verizon's changes every few months.

Your facts might be correct for some companies. From the research I've been doing there are cheaper prices with other companies. The only reason I haven't switched yet is because my family is all Verizon. We are all getting ready to switch. If Verizon services continue to get worse and more expensive I will glady let you know how it's working out

0 Likes
Not applicable

jacqueline11 wrote:

I pay seperately for wireless internet as well and it's $60 a month, but I don't mind paying because the service is excellent, when I have issues, which is rare, someone is there the next day and the price has been steady for 2 years now. $30 for 2 GB on ONLY your phone is ridiculous. Verizon's changes every few months.

Verizon has recently added Share Everything. For those on old pricing that hasn't changed in 18 months. You do know your phone has wi-fi. Is 2 GB low? Sure I can agree to that even though personally I've never used more than 1 GB in a month myself. I would more strongly agree with you if wi-fi wasn't an option on your phone. I keep saying with all the people I hear that are going to switch I expect Verizon's churn rate to be higher than 0.91%. I guess we'll find out in 10 weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jacqueline11,

I am sorry to hear about the service issues you are experiencing. We want you to have the BEST service all of the time, not just some of it so lets get this fixed! What device do you have? What is your zip code? Are these issues both indoors and out? I look forward to your response and there is no need to call we can do it all! We are just a message away to help save the day!

Thank you,

Georgep_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jacqueline11

I have the Droid Razr. My zip code is 85937, the issue is both indoor and outdoor. I am also at zip code 86032 every day as well. Data is very bad in both areas. I used to be able to listen to music non stop on my 45 minute drive and now I'm lucky if I can get data for a few minutes and only 1X, not even 3G. It doesn't even work in town or when I'm sitting at home. I always have to find a wifi connection.

0 Likes
jacqueline11

I don't know what you use your phone, but 2 GB is very low. I am very aware my phone has wi-fi, I have to connect whenever there is a connection so I can actually use the internet on my phone, I use my computer when I am at home which is when I have wi-fi so I do not need it then. When I use my phone I am away from home and need my data from Verizon. Again, that's wonderful if you like the service you are recieving, but I would like to recieve the service that I am paying for.

0 Likes