Verizon Customer Support is just terrible
donnaLT

I had a recent charge on my bill back in December for some equipment that I was supposed to return as part of the Edge up plan.  My son broke his phone before we could return it as part of this plan so we were no longer eligible.  So we sent back the new phone we ordered and informed Verizon that we can't return the old phone because it was broken which now makes us ineligible for the Edge up plan.  I noticed on my current bill that I was getting charged $299.00 for the old phone that we never returned.  I called support and spoke to someone who traced the history on the phone and confirmed that I had reported that I was being charged in error.  She assured  me she would fill out the paper work and the account would be credited before I was billed.  I noticed on Friday that in deed the account was never credited and my bill was $663.00.  Once again I called and spoke to customer service.  They kept me on hold for over 30 minutes and then came back and told me since the bill was on auto pay that I had to wait for at least 2 weeks to get the money back.  It would not be put back into my checking account, it would be credited next month on the bill.  Now, if I would like to, I could call my bank and have them deny the charges but that it would look bad on my account from a Verizon stand point.  This was a Verizon error entirely as we followed the instructions word by word once we knew we were not eligible for the Edge Up program.  I am now

out $299.00 dollars and must wait until next month to see that money credited on my phone bill.  This is no way to treat a customer.  I have spoken to 3 people trying to get this resolved and in the end, I am the one that got screwed.  It's obvious that you guys have lost your ability to put your customer first.  You have no idea what good customer service is any longer.  In stead of taking care of my issue, your suggestion was for me to simply wait for my money to get credited or to refuse the charge and pay the price later on. 

As soon as I can get to another company, I am moving.        

Labels (1)
0 Likes