Verizon Corporate and Customer Service is awful!
jsck1701

First, I have been with Verizon for 13 years. This week has been the worst experience with them...especially today. On Tuesday, I called corporate customer service to inquire about the promotion, More Everything and the Edge Program. I spoke to Sharon Branch. I spent about 25 minutes in discussion asking every conceivable question. I have 3 phones on my account (2 smartphones, 1 basic phone). I told them I was interested in upgrading all to iPhone 5s. With the promotion discount and my government discount for all 3 new phones, I was quoted $160. The most important, and final question, was, "Is this the total cost of my monthly bill including the phones but not including surcharges and tax?" I was told yes. I said it sounds too good to be true. The rep excitingly said but it is true. I told her I would discuss it with the others on my account and would probably be making the change. She said that if I do to contact her back and therefore, texted me her e-mail. I asked if she was going to note our discussion and the final quote on my account. She said yes. Given my profession, I know about fine wording, hidden claims, etc. So, later that evening or the next day, I called again and purposely wanted a different rep. I spoke with Kneisha (sp) After going over the same thing, that rep came up with the exact quote. I did this just to make sure there would be no misunderstanding or that a rep didn't know what they were doing. I went further and asked if I needed to do this with them on the phone or could I just go to my local store. She said I could go to the store. I asked if the store was going to honor what we had discussed and she, too, stated that she had put everything in the notes on my account. She said all you have to do is go to the store and they will see the notes and that I would just get the phones.

Since the first woman asked me to contact her if I chose to make this change, I e-mailed her Thursday asking that she call me. It never happened.

So, since my niece was coming home from college, we planned our Saturday morning to go to the store in Burlington, NC at Alamance Crossing to move to the new plan. We arrived about 10am. Once inside, I explained why I was there and asked that they look at my account at the notes. As soon as the "kid" said, "Let me go run the numbers", after looking at the notes, I knew it was on...they weren't going to honor the 2 quotes from Corporate Customer Service. When he returned, I was right! He quoted me a price of $220! Nonetheless, I told him I was not going to do that and that I wanted the price quoted to me by Verizon. He refused. He said that the reps I spoke with must have made a mistake. I told him that 2 separate reps came up with the same numbers. He even went on to say that the advertisement for the program is misleading. Here you have a company employee saying this! I asked then why is it still advertised that way. I asked to speak to the manager. She refused to honor the quote as well. I asked for the district manager. She went to the back for a time. When she returned, she said she had called him, gave me his number, and stated that he would be calling me. It is now 2pm...no call.

My niece and I went to the car where I called Corporate Customer Service and spoke with Kynesha (sp)-not the same person as earlier in the week. I explained what had happened at the store and told her about the quotes earlier in the week. She crunched the numbers and came up with a quote of $176. After, a long discussion and we agreed to 1 iPhone 5s and 2 iPhone 5c at $171. She asked me to stay on the line while she called the store. Now, I was ready to get her full name and send kudos to her superiors because she listened and tried to do something right. At 10:35 and after 45 minutes (log on phone) the call was dropped. I expected her to call back...never did. Sat in the parking lot a little longer waiting for her return call...never happened. We went down the street for lunch. I called Corporate Customer Service again at 11:48 and requested that Kynesha (sp) return my call...never happened.

After eating lunch, I called Corporate Customer Service again at 12:26 wondering why no one was following through. I had to explain the WHOLE situation again. This time the girl said that the notes indicated that Kynesha (sp) called me but there was no answer. I now have a theory about that. She made a mistake with the numbers with me and while she was discussing the issue with the store they called her out on it. Rather than stay on the line, she disconnected. Rather than call me back, she chose to avoid the issue. Nonetheless, there were no missed calls on my phone.

Still, while discussing this with the current rep, she offered to help. However, after she did the numbers she comes back with a quote of $233! This is FIVE different quotes, 2 no returned calls! Verizon, educate your employees so that they all tell the truth about plans and promotions!

What gets me is how Verizon expects customers to honor contracts and agreements otherwise pay fees yet when they do not honor them the customer is screwed. I know they could have made this work...I know it from experience. I'll throw this in to prove it. Back when they offered unlimited data, I had it. They eventually took it away but if you were still under the plan you got to keep until you changed your plan or upgraded your phone. Well, I lost it. A friend did the same thing AFTER me but got to keep the unlimited data!

I am furious and disgusted. For 13 years I have been a loyal customer yet I get treated as if I am an unknown risk of being there just a year. When a company no longer cares for the customer then they only care about profit and doesn't matter how many they have to trample to get it. Really, simply honoring what YOUR employees stated will cause you to go bankrupt! If so, you need new employees.

This is not over. The next step is social media. Verizon has made no effort, by evidence of no calls, to correct the dishonesty on their part. Therefore, I will take it to the public and warn them about the type of service they will encounter and the disrespect that accompanies it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Corporate and Customer Service is awful!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jsck1701,

Hearing about all the different quotes you received and how much time you spent trying to get those iPhones upset me, and I cannot imagine how you are feeling about this entire situation. I have reached out to Sharon and her supervisor to find an explaination of how she got that pricing for you. I would also like to review your account for myself. I have followed you. Please follow me back and send a direct message using these instructions http://vz.to/1cOOY6O so that we may communicate privately.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes