Verizon Cloud is a Mess
ght
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been using Verizon Cloud to back up my contacts, documents, and photos. I recently decided to delete some of my contacts from my backup. What a nightmare! First, when logging into My Verizon and trying to manage my contacts from the link provided, it automatically takes me to the Verizon Cloud website. Fine. After scrolling down and finding the "manage contacts on the web" link and clicking on it, I was simply returned to the Verizon Cloud website once again. Strike one. So I figured that I would download and install the desktop app from the Verizon Cloud website and give this a try. Well, I couldn't even log into my account since, upon logging it, I was asked to choose a Verizon Cloud plan and commit to a monthly fee - which is ridiculous given that I am on the Verizon More Everything Plan and get Verizon Cloud for free. Try as I might, every time I logged into the Verizon Cloud desktop app, I was asked to enroll for a Verizon Cloud plan before accessing my cloud account. Strike two. Since the Android app was my last choice, I decided to give this a try. Unfortunately, the app does not permit me to "manage" my contacts - I can view them, but I cannot delete any. So my contacts are stuck in my Verizon Cloud account without any way to manage them. Why would Verizon put a cloud system online that is fraught with problems? Didn't anyone test this system before making it available to the public? Needless to say, I'm no longer using Verizon Cloud.. Given all the bugs, I really don't feel safe handing my data over to Verizon.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Cloud is a Mess
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've dabbled with the VZW Cloud, but find Google Drive/Google +, or One Drive much easier to use, and I have never had an issue getting my contacts to move from phone to phone. 

Tying my contact/photo/backup information to my phone service just didn't work for me...having all my info backed up on a platform that I can access regardless of carrier or phone account status appeals.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud is a Mess
njmagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure why you're having the problems you did.  I go verizonwireless.com/cloud and pick the link: My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless   that takes me directly to the web interface for the cloud.  There I can edit and delete contacts.   Try again and see what that link tells you.  It looks like they updated the web interface so your problems may have gone away.

I don't use the PC app because with a web interface/phone interface, i don't need another PC app.

0 Likes