Verizon Cloud/Messaging not syncing with Google Contacts, help please!!!
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a new laptop and am trying Verizon Messaging app that lets you text on your computer and other wifi devices.  The computer syncs with the Verizon cloud but only 5 of the 200 contacts that I have transfer to the cloud. I looked at the 5 in the cloud ad they were all entries made by the phone. There is a drop down menu when you enter a contact that lets you save it to the phone, sim card or Google. How can I get the cloud and messaging app to read these Google contacts?

I also have another question. For those who use the Verizon Messaging app that works over WiFi, what do you do when you leave the WiFi area? Switching back and forth would be a royal pain. What are others using to text on their computer, and are you happy with it?

Thanks

NCH

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud/Messaging not syncing with Google Contacts, help please!!!
Snn5
Legend

You haven't mentioned which phone you are using, but this can be done from a PC.

You say:

There is a drop down menu when you enter a contact that lets you save it to the phone, sim card or Google. How can I get the cloud and messaging app to read these Google contacts?

I say:

If you want the Google contacts to be read by the Verizon app, having a Google Account means you also have a Gmail account.  Inside your Gmail, accessible from gmail.com, will allow you to click on your contacts and export them to a file that can then be imported into Verizon's Cloud contacts.  The easiest way to do this is on a PC.  Access Gmail in one tab and your Verizon cloud in a second browser tab.  Gmail contacts export, save to PC, import into Verizon.  When this process is done, your Google contacts will be synced into Verizon.  You can then go to your Contacts screen and press menu and choose which contacts to display.  You can choose SIM, Google, Verizon, Phone, etc....(You can also do this from the contacts screen on the phone by tapping menu, selecting which set of contacts to display, tapping menu again and choosing export.  Then do the same again and choose Verizon, menu, import.)

Part 2:

You say:

I also have another question. For those who use the Verizon Messaging app that works over WiFi, what do you do when you leave the WiFi area? Switching back and forth would be a royal pain. What are others using to text on their computer, and are you happy with it?

I say:

Verizon Messages+ is a phone app which also has a desktop companion program.  The phone app is a replacement for your stock, built-in, came-with-phone app.  It allows you to be able to send messages over WiFi when mobile data is not available.  Having the phone and PC apps connected allows for messages to sync from the phone to the desktop app so that you can continue a conversation from a fullsize keyboard, or on a tablet, and also allows you to save those messages.  I might be a little confused by what do you do when you leave the WiFi area?     If you leave a wifi area with your phone, then you continue to get messages and can send as well, as long as you still have a mobile signal.  When you return to the same wifi that the laptop or other linked device is on, they will sync those messages from your phone.  However I believe that Verizon Messaging and Verizon Messages are the same thing.  I am confused as to how you think of them separately.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the following, as we need to rectify your Verizon Messages issue first, but because you asked:

As far as to what I am using to sync messages and send and reply to on my PC, I use Mighty Text.  It is very similar to the Verizon Messages setup, but I find it more reliable.  It also uses an app on the phone and a desktop program, but it is not a direct messaging app.  In other words, I don't send messages through MT via a dedicated messaging app.  It only syncs my incoming and outgoing texts and notifications to my PC monitor so that I can see what my phone is doing without having to pick the phone up.  Think of MT as a middle man.  I use my stock messenger app which MT intercepts and acts as my hands.

I hope I have you steered in the right direction here.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

On the computer, go to your Gmail account and to Contacts.  Export a file of contacts to the PC.  Then, go to the Verizon cloud and import them.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Without wifi I wouldnt think you could send any messages.  Are you speaking from a laptop view or phone view?  As far as texting from my computer, I have Mighty Text installed on my PC and Android. 

0 Likes
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never said I have a Gmail account. I don't, I think how all my contacts which converted to "Google" was when Verizon transferred all my contacts from my old phone it stored them in the "Google"  account and not my device. I do have a Google account, can I do the same using it instead of GMail? Sorry, computers and phones aren't my thing, as I am sure you can tell. Step by step instructions help, lol!!!!!

Thanks

NCH

0 Likes
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

From my phone I send messages all the time using the Verizon Messaging app that came on the phone. But I am not speaking of that app, they have another one called "Verizon Messages" this app  allows you to send and receive contacts on multiple devices, but only when you are connected to WiFi. So what do people do when they leave a WiFi area? Do they expect you to switch back and forth between apps? They should have called the WiFi app something different so it isn't so confusing for the end user.

Thanks

NCH

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You haven't mentioned which phone you are using, but this can be done from a PC.

You say:

There is a drop down menu when you enter a contact that lets you save it to the phone, sim card or Google. How can I get the cloud and messaging app to read these Google contacts?

I say:

If you want the Google contacts to be read by the Verizon app, having a Google Account means you also have a Gmail account.  Inside your Gmail, accessible from gmail.com, will allow you to click on your contacts and export them to a file that can then be imported into Verizon's Cloud contacts.  The easiest way to do this is on a PC.  Access Gmail in one tab and your Verizon cloud in a second browser tab.  Gmail contacts export, save to PC, import into Verizon.  When this process is done, your Google contacts will be synced into Verizon.  You can then go to your Contacts screen and press menu and choose which contacts to display.  You can choose SIM, Google, Verizon, Phone, etc....(You can also do this from the contacts screen on the phone by tapping menu, selecting which set of contacts to display, tapping menu again and choosing export.  Then do the same again and choose Verizon, menu, import.)

Part 2:

You say:

I say:

Verizon Messages+ is a phone app which also has a desktop companion program.  The phone app is a replacement for your stock, built-in, came-with-phone app.  It allows you to be able to send messages over WiFi when mobile data is not available.  Having the phone and PC apps connected allows for messages to sync from the phone to the desktop app so that you can continue a conversation from a fullsize keyboard, or on a tablet, and also allows you to save those messages.  I might be a little confused by what do you do when you leave the WiFi area?     If you leave a wifi area with your phone, then you continue to get messages and can send as well, as long as you still have a mobile signal.  When you return to the same wifi that the laptop or other linked device is on, they will sync those messages from your phone.  However I believe that Verizon Messaging and Verizon Messages are the same thing.  I am confused as to how you think of them separately.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the following, as we need to rectify your Verizon Messages issue first, but because you asked:

As far as to what I am using to sync messages and send and reply to on my PC, I use Mighty Text.  It is very similar to the Verizon Messages setup, but I find it more reliable.  It also uses an app on the phone and a desktop program, but it is not a direct messaging app.  In other words, I don't send messages through MT via a dedicated messaging app.  It only syncs my incoming and outgoing texts and notifications to my PC monitor so that I can see what my phone is doing without having to pick the phone up.  Think of MT as a middle man.  I use my stock messenger app which MT intercepts and acts as my hands.

I hope I have you steered in the right direction here.

NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I had to do. Anyone that I would ever want to text I went and changed their contact to be saved "to the device" and not to Google, and then their contact info syncs up just fine. But now I need to remember that these same contacts won't switch over by doing a normal "Google Sync" when I get a new phone. What a pain in the rear end. Somebody should be shot for designing things this way!!!!!

0 Likes
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will look into the exporting thing that you mentioned, but what I did got me the resolution I was needing. The issue I have now, and started a new topic, is when I leave my home wii my LG G2 is no longer sending messages just off cellular signal. It is only sending them when I am on my home wifi, otherwise is just says "sending" and as soon as I get to my home wifi it switches to "sent" right away. Haven't read of anyone else having this issue, figures, just my luck, lol!!!!!

0 Likes