Re: Verizon $200 IPhone - False Advertising and soon to be lost customer
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I got a similar promo offer for an iPhone6, $200 off the 2-yr contract price, making it free, or $200 off retail if purchased via the EDGE program.  Offer good till 5/31/15, but only for ONE of the 5 lines on my plan.  It is a line for my 80 yr old mother on a line we added with an out of contract basic flip phone - that line has been month to month since we added it.

Lots of restrictions and conditions in the "fine print", for sure, and I was directed to the website for more details.  It may only apply if I buy it as an EDGE or 2-yr contract phone, and I'd have to do it online....and very possibly only by using the links in the email would I get the discount (referral codes in the URL linked to the email).

I'd screen shot the email but the capture app in my browser doesn't want to cooperate this morning. And most likely it;s the same or similar to what you got.  Was it limited to a specific line on your account?

gmh1970
Enthusiast - Level 2

SuzyQ-wierd thing is it isn't just for one line.

Here's all of the fine print:

*Limited-time offer. New Apple iPhone 6 activation on 2-yr. agreement or Verizon Edge. Excludes certified pre-owned devices.
**Free 2–Day Shipping when you order online Monday–Friday by 4:00 pm. Available for purchases placed on vzw.com for delivery within the U.S. only, excluding Alaska and Hawaii.
To redeem this limited-time offer, simply bring this email to a Verizon Wireless Communications Store or visit vzw.com and enter the promo code above during checkout. Void if copied or transferred. Void where prohibited. Cash redemption value 1/100th of 1¢. Any use of this exclusive offer other than as provided constitutes fraud. Restrictions apply. Not combinable with other offers. No cash or credit given if discount exceeds price of phone. Offer ends 5/31/15.
Sales Rep Instructions
Select coupon button in POS system. Scan or type coupon barcode. One scan per coupon. Scan good for up to 2 devices. Proceed to checkout. Write "Void" on coupon and place in shred bin. Note: Coupon specific to redeeming customer; cannot be applied to multiple accounts. Pre-order, back order and certified pre-owned devices are not eligible for this offer.
Activation/upgrade fee/line: $40. IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION: Subject to Customer and Edge Agmts. & credit approval. Edge Up available after 30 days and 75% of original Edge device is paid; see vzw.com. Up to $350 early termination fee/line. $15/250 MB after allowance. Max 10 devices. Eligibility to keep number varies. Offers & coverage, varying by svc., not available everywhere; see vzw.com. TM and © 2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
This email was sent to (removed by me)
If you no longer wish to receive future emails, you may unsubscribe, or easily adjust your subscription preferences from your profile information.
We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK, your "fine print" differs from mine, although the offer is the same at first glance.  Mine specifically states which line qualifies (I do have two basic lines, both month to month, but only one was mentioned in this offer).

Cut n Paste of my fine print....

Offer applies to mobile number ending in: XXXX.

IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION: Offers & coverage, varying by svc., not available everywhere; see vzw.com. While supplies last. Restocking fee may apply. Offers end 5/31/15. See verizonwireless.com/bestnetwork for details.

*2-Yr. Offer: Free after $200 discount. Upgrade fee/line: $40. Subject to Cust. Agmt. & Calling Plan. Up to $350 early termination fee/line.

Edge Offer: Subject to Customer and Edge agreements and credit approval.

Apple, the Apple logo, iSight, iTunes, iOS, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. TM and © 2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

This email was sent to  (Edited out)

If you no longer wish to receive future emails, you may unsubscribe, or easily adjust your subscription preferences from your profile information.

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

© 2015 Verizon Wireless.

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I tried the promo with and without the EDGE program and it worked both ways.  It reduced the EDGE plan to $18 and some change per month from the original $27 it would have been and when I did it with the 2 year agreement it brought the total to $0 at check out.  And I only have 1 line now with VZW plus my iPad. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Might have know it want really a free iphone 6.   nice that the option to use Edge and just take a $200 discount.

i Have lines out of contract, but no email for me. 

0 Likes
359mxmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too had this email and problems but for me I am getting the run around and different stories from the store and the customer service. They ( the store) allowed me to get 1 I phone 6 16 gb but made it seem as they shouldn't have allowed me to even stated to me that they are going to get in some trouble with doing the promotion.. BUT it says you are able to use the  promotion for 2 phones. I have 2 lines eligible for upgrades, so I took my 2 teenagers in to get theirs. they picked out phones and the shatter proof glass 1 child got a case and car charger. They stated they need to do seperate transactions..whatever right? Well they handed my son his phone after they transferred his contacts and all and then started the process for the next phone. All items picked to go with it and then said NO we cannot get this phone and they needed to take back the first one. The promotion is for "new lines" only..funny CS says its for upgrade from basic phone and email stats neither excuse. After a discussion with manager they were going to make good on first transaction. So now I have one elated 16 year old sporting a new phone and one furious hormonal 15 year old and alot of stories and excuses from verizon.. the latest is that this line doesn't have the same promotions as the other did. Funny thing is they had identical I phone 4's except for color and they both had upgrades and its all on the same account. Verizon at its finest.. looking into changing contracts but decided to see if others had issues with this promotion. When daughter gets home from school I will be shutting off her phone. They will not receive another penny for a phone without a contract that is not treated with the same promotions. AT &T, Sprint, T Mobile want to make my child happy. Verizon doesn't want to make good on a customer of 10+ years with 7 devices then someone else will. How are you going to make us customers happy JohnB_vzb?? soon to be lost customer also.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
359mxmom,

I can definitely understand your frustration! I can imagine how excited your teenager was to get the new phone. We definitely want to keep you with VZW.  If you reply to the direct message I sent you I can access your account and see what upgrade options or promotions you have available.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Jimmbo

FYI today's answer to this same ad is it is for a new line only not for upgrade well verizion guess it's time for sprint to cut my rate plan in half.

0 Likes
arkainzeye
Contributor - Level 1

What's that saying. ... if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.....

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Look before you leap in regards to that "cutting your bill in half" marketing ploy.

0 Likes