VZWireless Phone Upgrade Issue
CameraPhone

VerizonWireless.com currently prevents America's Choice plan customers from seeing pricing for Nationwide plan phones like the LG Dare.  This is really annoying and should be changed.

Also I'd be nice if you gave your chat agents pricing info,  I tried asking them how much it'd cost for me to upgrade to the Dare/Nationwide Plan from an ACII plan and they said they also couldn't see the price

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZWireless Phone Upgrade Issue
KaiserBob
Enthusiast - Level 3
You should still be able to see the phones and pricing from the phones and accessories section of the site instead of the upgrade your phone section. Also the monthy access didn't really change between ACII and Nationwide, 450/39.99 900/59.99 1350/79.99 etc. The main differences in the Nationwide are the change to data billing on non-PDA/Blackberries from minutes of use to 1.99/MB, removing the $5 mobile web feature and including it in the plan at no extra cost, and the ability for regular handsets to data roam in extended network.
0 Likes
CameraPhone

You can't see upgrade credits that way.  If I didn't log in I wouldn't have seen that Verizon increased my $50 NE2 credit to $100, for phones that didn't require a Nationwide plan atleast

0 Likes
Linnie
Enthusiast - Level 3

CameraPhone,

It is true that you cannot see your NE2 credit when not logged in to the MyVerizon, however if you are not currently on a NW plan you will be unable to see the phones that require NW in your upgrade eligibility.  It's sort-of a catch-22.  However, if you know what your NE2 credit is (and it would be the same for all phones--it is dependant upon how much you pay, not what kind of plan you have), you can subtract that from the 2-year pricing presented on the website.

For example, if the LG Dare is $199.99 with a $50 Mail-in-Rebate right now.  Online the mail-in-rebate is instant, bringing the price down to $149.99.  If you have a $100 NE2 credit, the Dare would be $49.99 for you to upgrade online--you will just need to switch to a NW plan prior to upgrading.

0 Likes
Caldera

After the phones compatable with America's Choice are listed, there should be a message that says 'The following are not compatable with your current plan', and then it should have the price.  NE2 is not dependent on the type on plan you have, only the cost of the plan itself (not counting addons). 

Remember that upgrading from ACII to Nationwide will mean that your data is charged at $2 a MB instead of minutes-of-use.   And it's rounded up.  So if you you press the mobile web button by accident, you're charged $2.   Browsing the GIN catalogue also counts as data.  The only benefit of Nationwide is data roaming on the extended network.

Message Edited by Caldera on 03-22-2009 01:14 PM
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
You may want to do the upgrade order with Customer Service. When changing your plan, you could also lose part of your NE2 credit. So if you wanted to get a Dare/Voyager/Versa, Do it through Cust Serv to make sure you get the correct NE2 credits you are eligible for.
0 Likes