VZW never asked me to send my phone back when switched to the edge.
olskoolnodoubtr

If I activate the old device after using the new one for 2 months, what will happen? I know I still have to pay for the edge device. I was never charged for the old device either. When I called, twice, I was told there was nothing on my account saying I HAD to send the old device back. Both times the reps requested a return envelope sent to me, but nothing ever came.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZW never asked me to send my phone back when switched to the edge.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello oldskoolnodoubtr!  I can clarify this for you! Sorry for any confusion. If you are starting a new Edge agreement, then you do not have to trade in your phone. If you are utilizing the Early Edge program or the Edge up program, then your current device does need to be turned in. Which program did you participate in?  ChristinaB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
olskoolnodoubtr

I had the old device activated for 10 months if that helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello oldskoolnodoubtr!  I can clarify this for you! Sorry for any confusion. If you are starting a new Edge agreement, then you do not have to trade in your phone. If you are utilizing the Early Edge program or the Edge up program, then your current device does need to be turned in. Which program did you participate in?  ChristinaB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
olskoolnodoubtr

I'm not sure which one it was. Is there a way I can find out in my account?

0 Likes
olskoolnodoubtr

I went from a two year contract to an edge plan.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you completed your 2 year contract the phone is your and you do not need to return it when you started a new Edge agreement.

0 Likes