VZW Tower?
katiesDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told over a year ago the new cell tower in our neighborhood was for Verizon. It appears it is still non-functional, certainly no improvement in our very POOR reception is evident. Is the tower in the Fairfield Harbour section of New Bern NC 28560 a VZW tower? If so when will it be in service?  I am one of many in this neighborhood that are dissatisfied with our poor VZW reception. Some have had some success with the Samsung extender, but we could not even get that to work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW Tower?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello katiesDAD. I'm terribly saddened to learn about the service troubles you've been experiencing. Let's work on this further. How long have you been having issues at this location? is this impacting voice calls, text messages, and data signal? How many bars of signal do you have? Is this trouble stemming only indoors? Any improvement once outdoors? Keep us posted. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
katiesDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been an ongoing issue ever since we upgraded to smart phones- 2 years ago. It impacts all areas of service, voice, text, and data. Typically we each have just 1 bar of 3G service. Indoors or outdoors makes very little difference, but indoors is marginally worse. As noted we tried the Samsung extender, but after several months, 2 devices, and too many tech support calls we sent the extender(s) back as it never was able to find the GPS signal.

Do you know if the tower I am asking about will be VZW? If so when??

0 Likes
AnthonyArmato
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
katiesDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Anthony. I can see the tower in question and the owner is listed (not a wireless provider), but not if the tower is actually in service or which provider uses or will use this tower to provide service. I really need that info as our contract is up with VZW. If it is not going to be in service soon, or not even their tower, we are switching to someone with better service in our neighborhood.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure this is looked at closely katiesDAD. The last thing we want to see is see you go to anther carrier. You always deserve the best with us. How far do you have to travel before your service improves? You said you had service here previously. Have you tried briefly removing your sim card powering phone off, placing sim card in and powering phone back on?

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
katiesDAD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still only 1-2 bars. It is worse since we got smart phones, but our reception has never been nearly as good as when we lived in Pennsylvania. And as i also noted, this is a problem we share with our neighbors. There is an e-mail list for our POA, and cell reception is a frequent topic. VZW reception is noted by most to be poor.We have to drive 5-10 minutes to improve voice & text, and about 8-10 miles to receive data.

Back to my original question-is the new tower VZW or not??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying these steps katiesDAD. Wireless devices use radio transmissions; therefore many factors can play a part in how your device receives our signals. Some factors include terrain, foliage, weather and buildings. It becomes more difficult to guarantee service inside a building because there are different types of materials used in the structure, some that restrict signals more than others. I do apologize as this is proprietary information and we would not be able to provide that information. Please accept my follow request and reply to my message so we can continue to work on your signal issue.

JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes