VZW Home Phone Connect Sound Quality
MLT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello:

I obtained Home Phone Connect, hoping to replace my land line and save some money.  I initially started service in Fort Collins, CO (a moderately sized college town of about 130,000 people), which is supposed to have Verizon's highest signal strength.  Unfortunately, I had the same issue with the 2-cans on a line for sound quality.  Within a few months, I moved to Johnstown, CO and same thing,even though it shows maximum signal strength on the unit.

if I receive calls on the Home Phone Connect I can communicate, sort of, but ask the caller to hang up and I will call them back on my mobile phone (due to poor sound quality).  I also do not make calls using the Home Phone Connect for that reason.

In troubling shooting the problem, Verizon found out that I had a phone message on my voice mail, which may have add some sound to the line (alerting me of the message).  This was removed and the voice mail option turned off . . . still such poor sound quality that I do not use the service.

Tried to have the line disconnected, but now locked into their two year contract, so forced to pay an early disconnect charge of close to $200 or maintain a service I cannot use through the life of the contract.

I have found several complaints on here and the web that discuss the same issue, so our complaints are not an isolated problem, but fairly common with the Home Phone Connect unit.  Either it works at a location with good sound quality or it is such poor sound quality that the service, even with a good signal strength is not usable.  And, yes, I have tried different phones from different manufacturers, but no real improvement.

On the other hand, my iPhone using the same network to connect works great with good sound quality.  This unit is not being properly represented, if they are telling people, like I was told, that it will be as good as my mobile phone and replace my land line for home phone service.

Frustrated with Home Phone Connect,

MLT

Labels (1)
0 Likes