VZ Navigator w/Bluetooth
MHS

I recently changed my Bluetooth headset from the Jabra 500 to the Plantronics 925 and have been unable to get VZ Navigator thru the ear piece. 

The Jabra works and still works.. 

In addition, all features on the Plantronics work while in VZ NAV, ie make and receive calls, notification alarms etc..

However, the turn by turn voice will not play thru the head set.

Has anyone be able to make the Plantronics work?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Navigator w/Bluetooth
Yakove
Contributor - Level 1
Its not a problem with your headset.. Its that  vznavigator is only programmed to play the directions from the speaker on the phone.  Youll have to wait till they release a new version of vznav to fix that prob...
0 Likes
MHS

VZ Nav works with my Jabra 500 headset,  just not the Plantronics..   I have found they have different profiles that I can change, the Plantronics shows up as a stereo headset... 

Nav on the bluetooth is great. 

I would hate to get rid of Plantronics BT, but will go back to the Jabra 500.. the feature is more important.

Does anyone know if other Jabra headsets work?

0 Likes
windos53
I Got the JABRA 3030 it Works Great even with the Navigator
0 Likes
balddogger

this problem depends on which device you have.  i had the storm and the audio prompts worked great out of the bluetooth or wired headset. 

moved to the tour and nothing!  always comes out of the speaker.

i did call Verizon support and they mentioned it was a RIM problem (hard to believe, seems like an application issue).

i am looking for something official that Verizon has acknowledged the problem and will fix it.....

0 Likes
Mackdoober

I have the Motorola T505 BT and have had similar problems with my Blackberry Tour.  Sometimes the VZ Navigator audio will play through the bluetooth and other times it doesn't.  I cannot figure out why this happens.  I can place calls and play music through the BT with no problem. 

I discovered today that if I turn on the BT (I get all three clears on the phone) and then do an audio command on the phone, suddenly the Navigator audio starts working on the BT.  I don't know why this works but it does.

0 Likes