VZ Navigator - 8/14-8/15/2012 - is it out?
vabelle35
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello

I called CS and they said it's not down.  I can't get VZ Navigator to work.  It shows up as if I don't pay for the service (which I do).  They told me to activiate it and when I do, I get a failure error and it says to call *611. 

I have rebooted my phone, removed the software and re-downloaded it and it still does the same thing.  I'm thinking it's a system outtage.  It wasn't work in DC and it isn't working in AZ.

I used it last on Sunday 8/12/2012 with no problems.

CS also says I don't have the service on my bill (although they do see I've had it since 2008).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Navigator - 8/14-8/15/2012 - is it out?
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

I thought Verizon was discontinuing Navigator soon. Maybe that's just for Android 4.0 devices and higher.

0 Likes
vabelle35
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update:

Verizon doesn't know why my VZ Navigator just stopped working. What they do know is that it did and I couldn't get it to re-start on my end.

I finally spoke with a tech support rep at Verizon Wireless.  He did something on their end to push the service out to my phone as I was not able to sign up for the service on my end.

It is working fine now, with all of my favorites still in there.

wkavan02, Navigator and VZ Navigator are 2 different things.  One is free and one is premium. VZNav used to be $9.99 a month and has live traffic.  The new VZNav rate is $4.99 a month. My old service was $9.99 a month.  I will be paying $4.99 a month going forward.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vabelle35, I'm so relieved that you are able to get VZ Navigator again!
Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wesnattfv

I need to diownload VZAccess fir my

<personal information removed for privacy>

Pantech® 4G LTE USB M... device to this laptop

I am currently using my DSL to access the internet

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes