VZ NAVIGATOR IS NOW HORRIBLE! PLEASE FIX NOW!
jtnav42

VZ Navigator 4 was a great product that surpassed in usability and capability of many standalone-GPS devices I have seen. VZ Navigator 5 is worse than current standalone-GPS devices.

Useful features in 4.0 included:

1. 2-D page view of directions that allowed quick view of future steps

2. Quick view of trip summary by going back one step from the current position and quick return to navigation by one button click

3. Easy to use green, yellow, red traffic indicators

4. Quick pick for “Home” and “Work” on the navigation menu

In VZ Navigator 5, these features are gone. The tool is significantly degraded in usability with the new version. I recommend all decision makers involved in VZ Navigator 5.x  be removed from future VZ Navigator projects and that 4.x be redeployed as an upgrade IMMEDIATELY!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ NAVIGATOR IS NOW HORRIBLE! PLEASE FIX NOW!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It would be nice if they would just give a link for downgrading back to 4.0 version for those who don't want the latest.  Just my opinion.

Doc

0 Likes
evilguppy

This is outrageous.  How verizon can make customers pay to get lost or get into accidents is beyond me.  Whichever glorified hacker who wrote the code for this new {word filter avoidance}
version must have been drunk or something.  

If accidents happen because of this version, I hope verizon gets sued until they go out of business.  

Enough, already.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

evilguppy wrote:

This is outrageous.  How verizon can make customers pay to get lost or get into accidents is beyond me.  Whichever glorified hacker who wrote the code for this new POS version must have been drunk or something.  

If accidents happen because of this version, I hope verizon gets sued until they go out of business.  

Enough, already.

This is sooooo funny. (LMAO)  Blaming a phone company for bad driving.  Especially when you are paying $9.99 per month for the navigator service.  My suggestion, buy yourself a compass and a Map and shut off your phone while driving.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

6.2 has been released.

0 Likes
mdhooge

I was told last night when I found the worse than useless upgrade %.1 the only option on my newly purchased phone, that they USED TO LET understandably outraged users down grade to 4.5.1, but they no longer do that, and the older vastly superior version is simply no longer available.  they could only suggest I hunt for an older phone on line that might still have it.  I tried searching among the available certified pre-owned phones in wireless stores and online and found nothing with the older VZ version on it.    

What's this about a 6.x new release?  Has someone attempted to fix all the things they left out?. (I can't get past how they make you enter a new address...all on one line, having to switch between digits and letters!)

0 Likes
OsheaG
Contributor - Level 2

Effective 10/20/2010, Verizon Wireless released version 6.2 of VZ Navigator. This version the newest of VZ Navigator and includes the following features at no additional monthly charge:

• Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
  • Latitude and Longitude of a location
  • Navigating to home or work
  • Look ahead at turns along the route
  • Updated pedestrian navigation
    • Allowing for walking around cities / surface street navigation
    • Access to highways is restricted
    • Users are allowed to walk in opposite direction on one-way street
  • Click to Search
    • Executes the search upon selecting the lowest level of search category  
0 Likes