V cast Vpak upgrade
iamaed

Hello everyone,

I've been trying desperately  to figure out how to upgrade my web browsing plan thing. I have a Samsung Glyde and I believe I have pay per megabyte, but I use my internet allllll the time and i cant afford to pay 2 bucks a megabyte. But I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to upgrade to Vpak. Maybe I have it and I dont know it? Does the Vpak include unlimited browsing? If not, how can I get the $30/month thing?

Please help me out!

-Andy 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: V cast Vpak upgrade
Yakove
Contributor - Level 1
The best way that you could get unlimited browsing and MB usage on your phone would be to jsut call customer service and ask them to backdate the addition of Vpack on your line. this will cover all the current mb usage and you will only pay the $15 per month.  The $30 package is only for Blackberry and Smart phones...
0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

If you don't have it you can add the Vpak online, by going to your nearest store, or by calling customer service. If you already have or would like unlimited messaging also you might be better off on the Connect plan.

Connect plans include unlimited messaging to anyone on any network in the country, Mobile Email and unlimited data sent or received. It does not include VZ Navigator or Vcast Music or Vcast Video.

0 Likes
nicknrm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Usually, the V CAST V-Pack cannot be added online.

It needs to be added through a representative along the way.

You can do this by dialing 1-800-922-0204 or *611 (for free from the device) to add this service. Going into a store may also be effective but will be a major waste of time to add a little feature.

The connect and premium plans (starting at 69.99 for the connect and 79.99 for the premium, I believe). The connect is more of a data type plan. It doesn't include all of the nice features such as VZNavigator and so on. It doesn't include the V CAST V-Pack but does give you unlimited data for internet and Get It Now/Media Center. Personally, I just like the V-Pack.

0 Likes
LadySmith
Enthusiast - Level 2
Is the VZNavigator included in the VCAST VPak or is there an additional charge?
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
It is not included. If you want to go with Unlimited text + vcast vpak + vz nav, I'd suggest getting yourself a Premium plan. It saves you a bit of money for all the included services
0 Likes
nicknrm
Enthusiast - Level 3

The above poster is correct.

Also, the VZNavigator, on its own, is $2.99 daily or $9.99 monthly, whichever is more convenient (daily pricing is for rare users).

0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

Yep you're right. I knew you could block most the data features so I assumed you could add the Vpak but that option isn't there.

Well, maybe in some future update to MyVerizon.

0 Likes
nicknrm
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not there for a reason and I doubt it will ever be there.

Certain features, like this one, will interfere with other features on your account...you need a representative to be able to review it for you.

0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

Unless of course a general increase in knowledge of cell phones and billing increases, which is why every representative you work with will constantly tell you about them in hopes things can be be more steamlined, as opposed to having to do so many things manually.

Message Edited by SMRyan on 04-09-2009 05:46 PM
0 Likes