Using data while asleep! And on wifi!
bedwards62

I have been with Verizon for about 10 years and I have 5 phones on my account. Just within the last month 2 of the 5 phones have suddenly started using data while on wifi, while in the middle of the night, at home, asleep. I've found hundreds of such questions about this very same thing and changing my plan is not an option; I'm not going to up my plan, which I've already done once, because suddenly the phones are using data unjustifiably. One of the two phones is an Android and the other is an iPhone 6, so it's not like it's an Apple issue or tied to the new iOS 10 upgrade or anything like that as I have the exact same iPhone 6 as one of the 2 offending phones and mine isn't using data in the middle of the night. I do use data on my phone as I travel on business and have to use maps and navigation frequently, but my phone isn't one of the offenders. We've made no changes to the account recently, and no changes to the apps or phones, so there is no excuse for this sudden change in data usage and getting slapped with $15 per GB overages with half of the billing cycle left. Why is it happening and what is going to make it stop?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using data while asleep! And on wifi!
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

There are settings on both apple and android phones that can allow the use of data even when on wi-fi.

Your two phones have probably been set to these options by their users.

0 Likes
Re: Using data while asleep! And on wifi!
bedwards62

Could you elaborate on that? What settings allow the use of data when on Wi-Fi?

0 Likes