Using an unlocked phone on Verizon
zbates747

Hi. I would like to purchase the octa core galaxy note 4.I have to buy it unlocked and would like to know if I can use it on Verizon. It has a Sim card slot which I use right now so could I just pop that in the new phone and use it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using an unlocked phone on Verizon
bkeaver
Enthusiast - Level 2

if the phone does not support CDMA frequencies then it will not work on Verizon. The Branding doesn't matter as much as the correct radio and frequencies that Verizon uses.

Just an FYI not all of verizon phones have their logo, for instance the Doid Turbo Ballistic Nylon doesn't have any Verizon branding.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It will not work on Verizon.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Only devices with the Verizon logo will work on the VZW network.

0 Likes
bkeaver
Enthusiast - Level 2

if the phone does not support CDMA frequencies then it will not work on Verizon. The Branding doesn't matter as much as the correct radio and frequencies that Verizon uses.

Just an FYI not all of verizon phones have their logo, for instance the Doid Turbo Ballistic Nylon doesn't have any Verizon branding.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It does have Verizon services built into the device.  It is also sold by Verizon and only for Verizon.  It's a "branded" device.

Also even if the phone supports CDMA doesn't mean it will work on Verizon.  Nexus 5 is a prime example.

0 Likes
bkeaver
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats not the definition of a branded device but ok we won't keep this going cause its not worth it.

also did you not read what I said.. I believe I said cdma and frequencies that verizons supports.... Lets not try to be so combative, these arguments that your trying to state really isn't worth the words...

Tidbits
Legend

he Turbo is a branded device as it is made specifically FOR Verizon and uses the licensed Droid moniker which belongs to Verizon(which is licensed from Lucas Arts). If it was just Motorola Turbo you would have had a point, but it's called a Motorola DROID Turbo.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am only correcting something I see wrong. Sure it doesn't have the logo but it's still branded. That's why I used the Nexus 5 as an example of an unbranded device.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sure looks like a banded phone to me. It says Verizon on the back at the bottom right over the Droid logo only used by Motorola. And I am pretty sure that the Nexus 5 does not work with VZW. Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 3.33.36 PM.png

0 Likes
bkeaver
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go look at one in the store or watch a unboxing hands on. There is no external branding on it. I have one in my hand.