User-created wallpapers
TerryH

Why can't I display a wallpaper that I created myself, or a friend sent me over the Internet? I get hundreds of images from various Internet correspondents, and I find or create hundreds of others in the course of my research. Many of these are in the public domain or are under Creative Commons licenses. Why do I see no feature allowing me to upload or download media files, already in my possession and in some cases licensed to me or under free-to-share licenses, from my computer to my phone?

Right now, the only way to get wallpapers is to buy them. Actually, I'm content with the wallpapers that come with my account; I found a beautiful image on my LG VX5500 when I first programmed it. But I've got other images that look even better, and they're mine to use. Why may I not use them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: User-created wallpapers
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Send them to yourphonenumber@vzwpix.com and you should be able to set them as wallpaper.  My "wallpapers" are photos that I have taken.... Keep in mind the limitations of your phone, and the size and resolution of the image you are trying to send/use as wallpaper.  1024X960 and 300-500kb usually work for most phones, but if yours will support more, go for it!!

0 Likes
Re: User-created wallpapers
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1
I agree with SuzyQ. You may need to set up an account on vzwpix.com for messages to get through. Also, you can research the native resolution of your screen and resize the image to that for a perfect fit.
0 Likes