Usage and Purchase Charges
10kats

I am continually receiving a $15.00 charge for "Unbilled Data From Prior Months".  From the beginning of my contract I have never gone over my data limit and never away from local Verizon service.  When calling Verizon they claim I had roaming charges but could not tell me the date, data amount, location, tower, phone number or provider of the service.  In other words,  they give me "zero" information of this roaming data. They do give me credit each time it shows up, but then in a couple months it shows up again.  I will pay any bill that can be justified but todate, Verizon can't justify this charge.  For all I know I am being billed for someone elses roaming charges. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you get it corrected?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Usage and Purchase Charges
Not applicable

The problem here is two fold. First people that never went over on data are now being billed for overages. This is something I believe is a new way to scam extra money out of the customers. Remember the old data scam where Verizon lost in court with the $1.99 phantom charge? They stated it was legitimate then it was proved it was not, and that Verizon knew all along of these bogus charges and they lost the case. What they paid back was peanuts compared to what the stole from the customers.

Secondly turn off cellular data roaming in the device settings. That should fix that issue. It is possible to roam in your own neighborhood so you don't have to travel to another state.

Good Luck

0 Likes
bad55

My wife and i currently have a $150 charge for same reason, same bs excuse you got and when i asked for same info as you i was transferred to tech support who told me i had 9 gig overage in one day of which i said no and informed tech we had been through this 1 month before with another tech who assured us we had no overage but showed we had used 5 gig of our 10 gig plan in 6 hours of the first day of new billing cycle, so for rest of month we watched usage like a hawk in order not to go over only to receive this month bill with $150 overage charge and data usage of only 3.8 gig for the month, the mysterious 5 gig was gone effectively screwing us out of half our data plan for month, last tech said he would file report and we would be contacted regarding result and would not connect me with anyone higher as i said i wanted assurance our service would not be effected till report done, has been 2 weeks and no one has called and charge is still on account, how did you manage to get credit

0 Likes
Not applicable

Elector wrote:

The problem here is two fold. First people that never went over on data are now being billed for overages. This is something I believe is a new way to scam extra money out of the customers.

Honestly if I were Verizon I would start suing people that make unproven libelous accusations on public forums. I wonder if you had to use your real name and had to state your "facts" in court under oath if you would still say them.

Please explain why not only do I never get charged overages. I don't even come close. I mean if Verizon is scamming people they are doing a REALLY horrible job scamming me since my data records show I don't even use half my allotment and I'm a 6 GB with 5 that's FIVE phones. Why is the data numbers Verizon tells me I've used and the data number I get from my phone within 99.9% of each other?

You continually accuse Verizon of being a terrible company and doing nefarious things and yet stay a customer. Now what does that say? Especially since you had a chance to bail to T-Mobile and yet came BACK to Verizon mere months later. You know the evil company looking to steal your money? Who does that? Who accuses a company of being a rip off leaves said rip off company then COMES BACK to the rip off company?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well first off you don't know me. I never took all my lines away. I tried other services with our spare line. Not that it is none of your business.

I have been a cellular customer while you were playing with your toys. So please don't assume anything on a cellular forum is 100% what it seems. Bully for you that you don't have any data overages. Whoop de do! Neither do I since I have unlimited.

But look at the numerous postings of folks who never had data overages now posting complaints. Google it. Don't just spout off your main line love for verizon wireless. It is an imperfect world.

My post about verizon losing a class action due to charging phantom data charges is a fact. Sorry you cannot change facts.

And trust me I am certain Sirguy is your real name. Please think before you post such tripe. Verizon wireless knows who we are, the annomity is from each other not from our cellular service.

And I don't post lies. If I do my attorney and I will vigorously defend my factual statements.

When I post I look at the whole issue. Then I comment. By the shear number of complaints of data overages, or charging for lost devices,or doing plan changes willy nilly the number of customers that post here is very low. Percentage wise not even worth bothering over due to having 120 million customers. I don't see 120 million complaints here.

You just worry about your own cellular account, not mine. I have issues I take care of them on the spot. My service is of no concern to you or anyone. And if I ever want to leave I will.

And when I leave I leave the help forum. That is what I did at T-Mobile since I cannot in good conscience still post at a forum who's service I no longer use.

Hope that clears up your confusion.

0 Likes
10kats

Thanks, that was good info. I also have a problem with my daughters Iphone.  She will send me a text saying something like "I'm on my way home".  Then  I get another text message right after with the same message but someone else name and the text disappears about an hour later.  The message is still on my phone, just the text is gone.  I still haven't figured that one out. 

0 Likes
10kats

I'm so sorry you have to deal with that.  I'm talking about $15 not $150, wow.  If I get anywhere with Verizon I will post it so everyone else with this problem will see.  May have to start a list of people.  Could have a class action here. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, that's strange. Does this only happen when your daughter texts you? Do either you or her have any text apps installed? Does this happen with every text from her?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
10kats

Thanks for replying.  Not every text is affected and we don't have any text apps on our phones.  It only happened during a short period of time last fall and not since.  I'm wondering if someone was picking up her texts somehow as she walked home from school, which is the only time it seemed to happen.  I don't know who to report this to and it's very disturbing. If it ever happens again I will save the callers name, if shown, and send it to Verizon.

Kathleen

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

10kats,

I can assure you, there is no need to be concerned, that does not happen since the messages generate from her line. We can show you some troubleshooting steps to get this resolved. Please reply with the make&model of your phone.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes