Usage Controls: Separate Permanent and Temporary Block Lists
parkernathan
Contributor - Level 2

I just signed up for usage controls since there's a handful of numbers I wish to permanently block, but it seems now I can't temporarily block numbers (from spammers I need to temporarily block until they move on, etc.). Is there a way to maintain a separate list of permanent numbers to block (under Usage Controls) and retain the ability to temporarily block numbers (under Spam Controls)? 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Usage Controls: Separate Permanent and Temporary Block Lists
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Currently you are not able to use both the Spam Block and the Usage Controls to block numbers. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Currently you are not able to use both the Spam Block and the Usage Controls to block numbers. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
parkernathan
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks for the info! I'll keep Usage Controls then since I need to permanently block numbers. I can just add spam numbers to Usage Controls, then if I reach my limit, delete the older spammers who've moved on. Any numbers I block on Usage Controls won't be able to text me either, correct?
0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Parkernathan, that is correct you may add or remove these numbers at anytime. The Blocked numbers restrict that user to call you or send you a message. Additionally, you will not be able to call or send this user a message. 

For additional information regarding Usage Controls go to www.verizonwireless.com/usagecontrols

Thank you, 

0 Likes
parkernathan
Contributor - Level 2

Excellent! Thanks for the info!

0 Likes