Upgrading phone policies
rhic0713

I wanted to wait to get a new phone until the I phone 8 comes out but my current phone is dying and I can't wait until September. If I get an iphone 7 now can I easily trade that in for the I phone 8 when it comes out? What types of charges will I incur? Last time I updated my phone Verizon was set up much differently.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading phone policies
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you buy an iPhone 7 you will be required to have the device for at least 30 days and pay 50% of the sale price plus return the phone in order to upgrade. Check here Annual Upgrade Program for iPhone FAQs | Verizon Wireless

That is a lot of money just to have a phone to use for a few months. What hone do you have now and why won't it last?

0 Likes
rhic0713

Its a Galaxy S5 and the battery is shot, i bought a replacement and it drains that too. I wanted to switch to Iphone but I dont want to get a 7 when the 8 is supposed to be much better. Probably just go with the s8 then

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could consider purchasing a gently used phone from Swappa or another third party retailer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

We don't know what the next iPhone will bring. If you're talking about the 10th Anniversary iPhone we don't know what it will be called. Whether it will be 8 or X (for 10). The biggest thing is that we don't know what features, new or old, will be in it. What we do know is that there will be one or two things that Apple will include in the software that won't be available on the 7. It won't be anything that will make or break your experience with the 7. I recently switched to iPhone about a month ago after not using it for 4 years. I am not unhappy in the least. If you want to wait then wait. If you don't then don't.

The S5 is still probably in decent condition but you might need to reevaluate the apps you have and what they're doing to the battery. Do you have one of those antivirus apps?

0 Likes