Upgrading phone and keeping unlimited data
pc500

I have a smartphone with unlimited data (S3) + a usb datacard (5gb plan).  Both are out of contract.  Can I get a phone upgrade without losing unlimited data, such as by using the data card for an alternate upgrade?  This is on a business account if it matters.  The option of pooling the data with the datacard and phone is non-existent, with $35 dataplan getting only 2gb of data going forward (but unlimited today), and the 5gb plan being substantially more.  I use around 3-4gb data/month on the phone, and 1-2gb on the datacard.

Since it is a business account, you can not pool the data, either, making this even more painful.

>> Subject line shortened <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading phone and keeping unlimited data
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you "upgrade" by getting a discounted (subsidized) phone, then you will be required to choose one of the tiered data options.  This applies to the line for the phone, and the datacard.  If you "upgrade" by buying a full retail priced phone, or "bring your own phone" from a private party source, then you can keep the unlimited data plan.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading phone and keeping unlimited data
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As of 4/21/2013, you can't use the datacard line as an alternate upgrade for your phone line.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/04/verizon-wireless-upgrade-statement.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes