Upgrading my phone.
ashtonnnnxo

MyVerizon alerts me everytime I log on and lets me know that my phone is eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price. When I click continue, it brings up a page of phones and the "price" I'm eligible for. I was looking at the Blackberry Curve in Violet, and the price says FREE. I further my purchase by filling out the rest of the necessary information, and when I get to the "review" it states that I do not owe anything for my purchase, but simply informs me that my bill will go up. Should I trust that I will not have to pay for this phone and the only money I will owe is the extra money a month? HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading my phone.
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Yes, it sounds like you are near the end of your contract and eligible to purchase a phone at a subsidized price.  This will require you to sign a new 2-year contract for Verizon service unless you specifically select "1-year pricing" from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen where you choose the phone.  You will also be required to have the $29.99/month unlimited data feature active on your account as long as the Blackberry (or any other smartphone) is active on that line.

There is no reason not to believe the website pricing, but be sure you want another two year contract before you finish the transaction.

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

The information Budone gave is correct. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

firstlady09 wrote:

The information Budone gave is correct. Hope this helps!

Don't you mean spottedcatfish?  Budone never posted to this thread.......

0 Likes
budone
Legend

WOW. I am not even around yesterday and I get credit??

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

ashtonnnnxo wrote:

.... Should I trust that I will not have to pay for this phone and the only money I will owe is the extra money a month? HELP!

The only other charge you may see is the sales tax on the full retail price (depending on the state you reside in).  As others have said, you will pay $29.99 a month for the data plan for the Blackberry.

And good work budone!  :smileywink:

Good answer to you too, Mr. Catfish  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

The only other charge you may see is the sales tax on the full retail price (depending on the state you reside in).  As others have said, you will pay $29.99 a month for the data plan for the Blackberry.

And good work budone!  :smileywink:

Good answer to you too, Mr. Catfish  :smileyhappy:

All correct info.  Thanks for signaling me out Suzy.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ooohhh, sorry about that Great One - nice catch on first lady's mistake....

0 Likes
whatsitsname
Could it be that Budone and Catfish is one and the same person? He is arguing with himself on these forums.
0 Likes