Upgraded Device, returned old device, received confirmation it was received, but am now receiving texts..
atatheaternearu13

I recently upgraded my device and returned my old device associated with that line of service.  I received confirmation emails stating the device was received and my bill credit has been applied to my account two day ago.  But now I'm receiving emails/texts saying "We haven't received the device that was part of your recent upgrade.  Please return it immediately to have the fee you were charged credited."  So it's a bit confusing and frustrating.  I'm wondering if this is just a system error where one thing hasn't caught up to the other.  All I know is I am going to be extremely upset if I suddenly see some crazy charge/fee on my bill for a device I already returned and received confirmation on previously.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgraded Device, returned old device, received confirmation it was received, but am now receiving texts..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate all the details . You certainly keep an eye on your account. A couple things I wanted to mention. I see I am unable to send you a message in private here in our forums. Since I can not, I highly recommend you give us a call at 800-922-0204 so we can investigate this matter further with you. I also would like to heavily recommend that you either eidt or delete your last post since you have your phone numbers posted in a public forum.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded Device, returned old device, received confirmation it was received, but am now receiving texts..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

you've come to the right place. Help is here. Lets look into this further. [ Contents of this discussion have been removed due to a  privacy violation of Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
atatheaternearu13

The order number was [removed] and the submission I.D. says [removed].  Also, I called customer service last week to let them know that the phone number listed on order [removed]did not match the phone number of the phone i was returning.  The order has [removed] listed on it(one of my other lines on my plan).  But the phone I returned was the old device associated with[removed].  The customer service person told me not to worry that a little detail like that wouldn't matter as long as the correct serial number phone was returned and it was.

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate all the details . You certainly keep an eye on your account. A couple things I wanted to mention. I see I am unable to send you a message in private here in our forums. Since I can not, I highly recommend you give us a call at 800-922-0204 so we can investigate this matter further with you. I also would like to heavily recommend that you either eidt or delete your last post since you have your phone numbers posted in a public forum.
BryanS_VZW

0 Likes