Upgrade
Pate515

It says I can upgrade but why am I being charged the 30.00 for the upgrade fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because it is policy. Upgrade Fee

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This fee has been in place since 4/22/12.  Anytime you upgrade by signing a two-year contract in exchange for a subsidized phone, you're charged the $30 upgrade fee.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Those darn ninjas again ...

Pate515

What makes me mad is I pay my bill each

Month and they say I cant charge the $30 to my bill.. so when my contract is up the 18th of Oct I may just switch to AT&T

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

That should show them.

AT&T has $40 activation and $40 upgrade fees. Now Verizon will know you are willing to pay more and switch to another company to do so!

About wireless activation and upgrade fees

Activation Fee

The activation fee1 is a $40 one-time charge for activating a new line of service with us. An activation fee is applied to each device added to a new wireless account and each additional device added to an existing account. The activation fee will be added to your first or next bill.

Upgrade Fee

The upgrade fee1 is a $40 one-time charge that applies when you purchase a new wireless device at a discount to replace an old device. The upgrade fee will be added to your next bill.

About wireless activation & upgrade fees - AT&T Wireless

rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, if you make the phone purchase at a Verizon store, I don't think you can charge the $30 upgrade fee to your bill; I believe it must be taken at the point of purchase. If you make the purchase at a 3rd party retailer, the $30 upgrade fee will be charged to your bill and you CANNOT make that payment at the point of purchase. It is odd that if you MUST have it charged to your bill at another retailer why you can't do so at Verizon.

0 Likes