Upgrade transfer on Family Share
SYKOgirl85

I have a Family Share Plan with three devices, two of which are out of contract.  Back in Feb. Line A was lost in a blizzard.  At this point we used the eligible upgrade from line B because line A was still in contract. Now Line A's contract is up and the owner of line B decided to switch to prepay. Can I transfer the contract from line B to line A and drop line B?

It looks like this:

Line A--Out of Contract--Used upgrade from line B to replace phone.

Line B--In contract due to upgrade transfer to line A--has since switched to prepaid

Line C--Out of contract but irrelevant to this situation.

I would also want to keep the existing phone number on Line A, disconnect line B but transfer its contract to line A, voiding the upgrade eligibility on line A, putting it back under contract.

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade transfer on Family Share
Snn5
Legend

No, I don't believe contracts can be switched to other lines or numbers.  Any change to the contract on Line B basically means cancelling it and paying an ETF.  You can't put Line A under contract unless you resign a new contract, which isn't advisable given the cost of contract vs a monthly service plan and a device payment plan when getting a new phone. 

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade transfer on Family Share
SYKOgirl85

looks like its time  to take advantage of my indirect sales super cheap demo line (we can't do disconnections thus why I know NOTHING about them lol)

0 Likes