Upgrade/change plan Fees
thederews2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am outraged by the constant PENALTY FEES that loyal, long-time Verizon customers, are being 'forced' to pay! These are not fees, nor true service. These fees are outright penalties being charged for no other reason than greed. Nickel and dime-ing  customers for every little change. Verizon is one of the best cell phone companies especially due to their coverage, and their service staff who seems very knowledgeable most of the time. Recently I had to upgrade my smart phone, and bought a re-certified device. I was told by the representative that I would not be charged the usual $30 upgrade fee because of buying that type of phone. Great, I said. But then he preceded to tell me about the new Everything plan, where I would pay the same amount, but could have the option of going from regular 2G data usage to adding a hotspot when needed, within the same 2G usage. Good idea, I thought, because we were going to need the hotspot for about 9 days while on vacation. What that representative failed to explain was that I would be charged a fee because I was changing our plan!

In marketing, one person can actually be voicing the opinion of either a few hundred, or tens of thousands, depending upon their market volume. I hope more of you will protest this treatment and that Verizon will take this seriously, and find that they truly can afford to downsize their profit margin for the sake of holding on to their customers and their loyalty.

The same goes for being taken for granted by other institutions that offer so-called service, including the banking industry, for adding fees for fee sake. We just re-financed our mortgage, and was appalled at the charges. Our own bank that we have had ALL of our financial needs, would not even try to hold onto us as long time investors, bu reducing their fees. So we found Credit Unions deal more fairly and charge a significant amount less for their services. The future holds the same in our cell phone providers. After this 2 year period is done, we will be looking to reduce costs significantly, even if it means less coverage, through other providers.

Please consider voicing this strongly, because good companies pay attention and actually listen to their customers, and will take the sacrificial loss of a little money, in order to show integrity and good character, rather than continue with greed.

Thank you

Elaine

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Upgrade/change plan Fees
thederews2
Enthusiast - Level 2

P.S. I just tried to edit this for typos and clarity, but a window appeared saying I was not authorized to edit, even though I clicked on the provided link, and followed their instruction! It seems very difficult to get through and causes one to wonder if the company is paying any attention at all to what their customers are saying.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Normally you have ~5 minutes to make changes to a post. After that point, you are no longer authorized to make changes.Smiley Happy

Even if initiating changes prior to the 5 minutes, if you don't complete them before the time is up, you would not be able to post those changes.

0 Likes
thederews2
Enthusiast - Level 2

What? As soon as I posted it, found an error, and doubt it was 5 minutes. Think Verizon purposely makes it very difficult to complain or appeal. Very sad. Thanks.

0 Likes
truthgiver57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly they are charging me $35.00 a line for two lines to bring a new phone because both of my phones will not hold a charge although our local Verizon store said if we bought the phones from Apple and set them up ourselves there is no charge! That is totally ridiculous! I could see if they offered the same as BYOD again but they do not. I will most likely go back to T-Mobile they are not so ridiculous and money hungry!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, truthgiver57. We sincerely understand your concerns about the activation fee. This fee is applicable to all new lines of service even if you bring your own devices. We make every effort to be transparent about all our fees, and you can confirm the accuracy of this fee on number 5 under "About adding a new device" at this link: https://www.verizon.com/support/add-new-device-faqs/#activation-fee

-Antonio

0 Likes