Upgrade basic phones
macahayes

Hi all~

We have an old Nationwide plan, 1400 minutes of talk, 3 basic phones 1 smart phone with 2GB of data. I would like to upgrade two of the basic phones but we don't qualify for upgrades until 10/2015.

I don't like the Edge program, we aren't interested in having the latest/greatest and would prefer to purchase a phone upfront at the discounted price. Can we do this since we are upgrading our phone plan?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade basic phones
Not applicable

How are you upgrading your plan? You couldn't upgrade using Edge even if you wanted to you're still under contract. If you want new phones your only option is to pay full price.

0 Likes
macahayes

OK, thanks. I guess we wouldn't be upgrading our plan just amending it by adding data and getting 2 new phones that we refuse to pay full price for. We can wait.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Some customers are eligible for Early Edge. So there is a possibility that the OP could get an upgrade prior to the official upgrade date. If they don't want Edge then they will have to wait.

0 Likes
SBNY

Hello, MacaHayes! No, you cannot purchase a phone at a discounted price before your contract is up. If you want to upgrade your phone, you will have to pay full price upfront for whatever phone you decide to purchase.

0 Likes
Not applicable

sprmankalel wrote:

Some customers are eligible for Early Edge. So there is a possibility that the OP could get an upgrade prior to the official upgrade date. If they don't want Edge then they will have to wait.

Yes you can get early edge if you're within a year of your upgrade date. They state their upgrade date in October 2015 so they aren't eligible and this offer ends Sept 30th. Though it's be extended twice already.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is really random how they do things. I was EE eligible but I was NOT eligible for the Early Upgrade which would have allowed me to do a 2 year upgrade from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6. That was ok with me as I wanted the LG G3 so I traded in my P.I.T.A. iPhone 5 that gave me some problems and got my G3.

I really think that the OP must contact VZW directly for the specifics of their account as we as other customers cannot advise them fully. We can only speculate about any promotions that may be available to them. I honestly believe these questions should not be asked on a user forum such as this as it could prevent the asker from contacting VZW directly and they could miss any promotions available.

0 Likes
Not applicable

True but a lot of people complain that they ask about promotions that Verizon themselves post on this site and the CS reps claim that those promos don't exist or never heard of them. Some reps are still unaware of the month2month discount and that has been around since April.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Just saying that this question is better asked at a store or over the phone so that any promotions can be taken advantage of.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrhelper, we appreciate your assistance with supporting macahayes with information regarding our promotional offers. Promotional offers are available for a limited time and are subject to change at any time with no warning. As a result, we can't guarantee that a promotional plan, offer, or pricing will be available for long periods of time.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes