Upgrade Question
SHERK0774

If I pay off the amount on my device payment plan that qualifies me for upgrade (50%) status can that upgrade only be done directly from Verizon or can I go to an authorized verizon dealer? Such as Costco, Walmart or Target.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Question
rcschnoor
Legend

Normally when upgrading before paying off the FULL balance, you have to do so at a Verizon Corporate store.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

SHERK0774 wrote:

If I pay off the amount on my device payment plan that qualifies me for upgrade (50%) status can that upgrade only be done directly from Verizon or can I go to an authorized verizon dealer? Such as Costco, Walmart or Target.

The only phones that qualify for that are the newer iPhones. Which phone do you have and when did you get it? Most phones you need to pay off 100%.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHERK0774,

I'm here to help! Great question as it's always good to know the specifics of your upgrade prior to a major purchase. As community member mentioned, there are only certain phones that qualify for the 50% pay off (annual upgrade). Please see this helpful link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-program-legal/ I would recommend contacting the store to ask if they participate in the annual upgrade program. There is only some in-direct store (non-corporate stores) that do the annual upgrade program. Please just make sure that your phone that you trade-in is in good working condition that does not have any physical or liquid damage. You can easily go into any corporate Verizon Wireless store to get the annual upgrade done too. The other way you can do an upgrade is easily through your My Verizon app by clicking here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205644/

Alicia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes