Re: Upgrade Fee?!
j337usa

If your afraid to put your real name up on the screen please keep your advice to yourself contributor since December 2013. 

0 Likes
j337usa

I purchased the phones at a premium retailer. I was not shown a copy of the contract or told about the fee at the time of purchase. I gave up unlimited data on 4 phones in the process. I do believe the fee is false advertising, for example if I buy a phone at full price every two years for twenty years I will never pay the fee, but if I upgrade I will pay the fee each time. Strange because I was told the fee wasn't for the phone but for other services provided to customers such as the my verizon app when I called to question this on my bill. This Doesn't seem fair across the board for all customers in fact does seem discriminatory.

Also Your customer service agent was rude and argumentative when I called about the fee on my bill. An apology could have been a good start. And finally I guess I wasn't expecting to get swindled by a billion dollar company, my bad I guess.

I have 4 smart phones on my contract and I will be looking elsewhere in the future if these furtive sales tactics continue in the future.

It seems pretty ridiculous for a company to anger their customers with a 30.00 phony fee and lose their business which generates your companies profits and growth.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

All major carriers charge a fee to upgrade. It isn't the first time they starting charging an upgrade fee. Been happening on all carriers for years. Should be common knowledge by now if you take subsidization for a device they charge this processing fee. Buy a house or a car and you'd be ironically charged a similar fee.

B33
Legend

I'll agree there Tidbits I've seen it since the Early 90's it's something that I and my family has got a-custom too. b

0 Likes
Not applicable

Never paid a fee on my car or our home. However the definition of upgrade fee is subject to an "upgrade" when I buy a new auto every five years I don't pay a fee to upgrade. In fact they take much money off the price with my trade in. Our home mortgage had closing costs but no closing fees at the bank we use. I actually think the sellers paid us money at closing ha ha.

Good Luck

Not applicable

You are not obligated to use arbitration. Verizon would like you to use it since the customers lose 90% or more in arbitration.

Verizon cannot stop a civil action by an individual. Also at the US Supreme court site it now states "Certain class actions are allowed" ie Verizon being sued by five lawyers groups over the NSA debacle. However all five were dismissed.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

Good point,,, Hey Elector are you growing Ice sickle up in your Area it so cold around here the Dirt is hollering it's cold Good but one Heck of a Cold morning to ya..

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually its 49 degrees and the snow is melting. Weather states tempature to drop and have sleet and freezing rain later this morning. Ahh spring has sprung!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi j337usa,

Thanks for the info! We do appreciate your business and that you have upgraded 4 lines on your account. I apologize if the upgrade fee was not disclosed to you. It is in the agreement that you did sign. Do you still have your copy? The upgrade fee does cover a lot of things. It provided many enhancements to our self serve options that we provide our customers My Verizon, Back Up Assistant, Wireless Workshops etc. If you do upgrade at full retail, there would not be an upgrade fee. I don't want you to feel cheated in any way. You can trade in your old devices to help offset the cost. Please check out our trade in program. http://bit.ly/WxxPFc

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Magpul83
Enthusiast - Level 3

They got me for 35 to activate a new line, after i acted a fool they took it off.

0 Likes